Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drop away rests

Old 12-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Spike

Default Drop away rests

Im thinking of going to a drop away rest. would like to hear of some op the problems and drawbacks other archers have had with these so i can make an educated decision. Thanks
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

-well, the band snapped and hit my neighbor in the eye, causing it to tear the lens on his eyeball, a $645 trip to the doctor ( he pays more cause he has insurance lol ) and 2 days later he was ok ..now he has his old one back on there.

-if your bow isnt real fast, then it can be annoying..faster your bow the better they work

- my buddy swears by it, says its the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

band? you using a home rigged or something? mine has a cable that attaches to the down cable on the bow, if that's not served in or tied on correctly could cause it to not release correctly, it also has an enclosed chamber with a spring that may eventually fail and need to be replaced. So far the only problem I have had is not tightening it all the way and having the rest shift to the left. Also, it works best to put the rest up before you draw, or else you have to hold the arrow to keep it from coming off while pulling and possibly hurting someone.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jicand
band? you using a home rigged or something? mine has a cable that attaches to the down cable on the bow, if that's not served in or tied on correctly could cause it to not release correctly, it also has an enclosed chamber with a spring that may eventually fail and need to be replaced. So far the only problem I have had is not tightening it all the way and having the rest shift to the left. Also, it works best to put the rest up before you draw, or else you have to hold the arrow to keep it from coming off while pulling and possibly hurting someone.
yeah, it was a rubber strap, or rubber band that went to the string. when he drew it, it would lift the rest
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

by the way, I recommend a QAD rest, they work very well and are only about $60
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
yeah, it was a rubber strap, or rubber band that went to the string. when he drew it, it would lift the rest
Ouch, yeah, the better ones have what is basically just a 6 inch piece of cable attaching it. Used mine on and off for 2 years on my P.O.S. bow, and put it on my nova when i bought it last month.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Spike

Do the drop aways
stay up when you let the bow down manually
Old 12-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bmanges
Do the drop aways
stay up when you let the bow down manually
they work together, when the bow draws, it goes up; upon release the rest goes down...fast or slo
Old 12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The QAD Ultra Rest is what I have. You can **** it up manually ahead of time or let it come up automatically when you draw. It will stay up until the bow is fired or you manually lower the rest. It stays ****ed in the up position during let down. It is a 100% capture dropaway rest.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a Ripcord and a NAP Apache. Actually 2 Apaches. I like them better than the Ripcord. They are fast, silent and rock solid. And they have toolless adjustment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.