Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Woodsman Broadheads

Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Woodsman Broadheads

Just curious, I can't find any info in the forms about these broad heads! Does anyone use them?
I have a bowhunter friend, that hunts on my property, give me package to try. He swears by them, but...!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the original brakdeahs every produced. Still very popular among traditional shooters. Many many animals have fallen the Wensel Woodsman. They are super durable, easy to re-sharpen, and very large. Out of higher speed compound setups they can be tough to tune because of their large overall flight profile, but if you can get them tuned, you won't be disappointed. For lower poundage/KE setups, they are at the top of the list.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

shot the woodsman's today. fly the same as the thunderheads i've been using.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Spike

Awsome broadheads. I shoot them out of my high speed compound. They are THE most accurate fixed blade broadheads I have ever shot. I have shot a lot of different broadheads. Most people that say they will be hard to tune out of a compound have never shot them out of a compound are only going by what they THINK will happen. They penetrate like crazy and are very durable. Being that they are 3 blades they have always left a good bloodtrail. The only issue some have is putting the initial edge on the blades. But once you get it...resharening is a snap. Use them. You will not be disapointed.