Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Titan Climber

Old 09-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by YooperMike
I hunted out of my Goliath exclusively for three years, 100's of trips up and down the trees. Excellent stands. When I bought my Goliath, the Titan wasn't invented yet, or I would have bought one. I set the top section like I'm sitting in a barstool, as opposed to those that set it real close to the bottom. I'm 6'10" though, so when I stand up even with the top set up high, I still have plenty of room with the front bar. Climbing is SIMPLE and painless because of the bar, as well as safety while in stand is greatly increased by having that padded bar. You absolutely won't be disappointed in the Titan if you get one. Also, the Summit side/front bags are awesome. With my climber, I don't carry a pack, everything I need is in the bags.
i could not see paying 36 dollars for new summit bags. i heard zippers break also.so i looked at other ideas.i found REMINGTON WAIST BAGS at wal-mart for under 5 dollars ea. they come in hd realtree.
i put 1 on each side.
it does not hold as much as summit bags but holds everything i want other than my lunch/thermos bottle .

i cut the belt off and secured it to summit with 3 plastic ties.
its GREAT. i have my climbing rope/harness/limb saw/bow pull up rope/hooks in these.i stick my small fanny pack inside my 180 max or titan to carry.
we modified alot of things on 180 ma/titan.
if anyone would like tips, drop me PM.

TAKE CARE SPROUL
Old 09-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

I bought this stand last year and it is extremely comfortable, in fact it is more comfortable than my 2 man ladder stands. I am 6' 3" and at the time I was 260 lbs..... and I had plenty of room to shoot my bow (I always stand when shooting the bow)
Old 09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marquismarc
I bought this stand last year and it is extremely comfortable, in fact it is more comfortable than my 2 man ladder stands. I am 6' 3" and at the time I was 260 lbs..... and I had plenty of room to shoot my bow (I always stand when shooting the bow)
ladderstands are sore on butt after awhile.hanging seat is much more comfortable.i sold all my ladderstands.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
I hunted out of my Goliath exclusively for three years, 100's of trips up and down the trees. Excellent stands. When I bought my Goliath, the Titan wasn't invented yet, or I would have bought one. I set the top section like I'm sitting in a barstool, as opposed to those that set it real close to the bottom. I'm 6'10" though, so when I stand up even with the top set up high, I still have plenty of room with the front bar. Climbing is SIMPLE and painless because of the bar, as well as safety while in stand is greatly increased by having that padded bar. You absolutely won't be disappointed in the Titan if you get one. Also, the Summit side/front bags are awesome. With my climber, I don't carry a pack, everything I need is in the bags.
Same here, been using the Goliath since they come out. I got one for free from Summit when the top part of my viper collapsed under my 300 lbs. The goliath is great and I got all them bags hanging on the rails and there full of water bottles, snacks (takes alot of calories to maintain my weight), and shooting accessories. No back pack needed.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
ladderstands are sore on butt after awhile.hanging seat is much more comfortable.i sold all my ladderstands.
both of my ladder stands have suspension style seats, kinda like a climber. But still I have not found anything more comfortable than my titan.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marquismarc
both of my ladder stands have suspension style seats, kinda like a climber. But still I have not found anything more comfortable than my titan.
then you have comfortable ladderstand.sitting on steel seat is AWFUL.i like climber because i can move it around tree if i need too.no one knows my spot,THAT IS CRUCIAL ON STATE FORESTLANDS here in pa.
i can move if a buck is shot out of area. today in pa you have usually only 1 buck now in your area.if it is shot out, you have to move.that happens a lot now.you cant sit in 1 spot anymore in wmu2g of clinton county.
biggest thing is THEFT and NO ONE KNOWING YOUR SPOT.i had 17 new jersey hunters sitting around me last year trying to get buck i was after.
so i did away with my ladderstands.........
Old 09-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go for the Lone Wolf Wide Sit and Climb. No bar to get in the way. I shoot sitting all the time, less movement and less shot opportunities lost. Summit is a good stand too, the seat is a bit more comfortable but the Lone Wolf shines when packing in and making the shot with a bow.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Go for the Lone Wolf Wide Sit and Climb. No bar to get in the way. I shoot sitting all the time, less movement and less shot opportunities lost. Summit is a good stand too, the seat is a bit more comfortable but the Lone Wolf shines when packing in and making the shot with a bow.
i believe if price was cheaper on LW like 274 that summit sells tyd,they would give summit a run.
but MOST want summit because of price/comfort/service.
i like BAR in front of me and most of time i stand up to shoot my recurve.bar allows me too feel secure .
i take nap in my stand if i am doing all dayer and i like bar in front.

Last edited by sproulman; 09-26-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 5 shot
I have a goliath which seems similar. The only issue is that the bar in front can limit some shots at very close range. You can minimize that by practicing shooting close up out of it. Other than that I see no problems. Summit stands in general are super easy to use, quiet, stable and very comfortable. Overall I think you will be happy with the stand.
Ditto. I also have the goliath and love it. Very roomy and comfortable for a bigger guy. Shots straight down require some practice but so far, when a deer passes that close, I just allow them to walk a little further.

They also seem to lock onto the tree securely and provide the most comfort of all.....that comfort of feeling safe.