HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Summit Titan Climber (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/329147-summit-titan-climber.html)

Otsdawa_Game_Hunter 09-05-2010 02:42 PM

Summit Titan Climber

Guys,

I want to get this climber but there have been some mixed reviews about using this climber for bow hunting. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this climber and if you have one has there been any issues while bow hunting with this stand?

Thanks,
Mack

5 shot 09-05-2010 09:31 PM

I have a goliath which seems similar. The only issue is that the bar in front can limit some shots at very close range. You can minimize that by practicing shooting close up out of it. Other than that I see no problems. Summit stands in general are super easy to use, quiet, stable and very comfortable. Overall I think you will be happy with the stand.

Otsdawa_Game_Hunter 09-06-2010 03:41 AM

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

sproulman 09-08-2010 05:22 PM

to use bow you have to put seat high not down low as you would for gun season.
most dont sit to shoot a bow, most like to stand.i see no problem if standing.you can shoot sitting also.
i dont shoot down on buck. if i cant get heart shot, he walks.bar does get in way if you shoot straight down but a good sportsman would never DO that.

i tested titan and 180 max.both are very nice .i like room but with it comes weight.i just dont hurry while carrying it, i stop and take a break......

great deal on titan on e-bay.274tyd:s2:

maytom 09-09-2010 11:40 AM

I also have the Goliath model which is very similar to the Titan and Viper. I much prefer that padded bar in front of the stand which aids in climbing as well as safety. When shooting at a deer, I always stand, who actually sits? If your sitting, your shot chances are very limited, so why sit? Unless your right on top of a deer, wait for the best shot.

*twodogs* 09-09-2010 12:59 PM

I shoot from the 180 Max. When I climb to the desired height, I position the seat section as low as I can to the lower platform. By doing this the outer bar is never in the way of the lower limb when I stand to take a shot. It also allows me to bend at the waist much better without interference with the bar.

As the other poster mentioned, it is nice to have the outer bar to climb, I will sit and climb, usually on afternoon hunts, so I can monitor the woods much better as I go up the tree.

sproulman 09-09-2010 07:30 PM

both of you are right on. bar on front makes climbing a RED OAK tree much safer.
wait to get a nice 20 yd shot broadside and that bar is no problem.lower the seat frame or raise the seat cushion .both help on shooting.when i see buck sneaking in I STAND UP SLOWLY.

CaptDean 09-09-2010 08:44 PM

I have a Summit Switchblade. I choose this one because it folds flat when backpacking, it is really nice and well worth the money. Titan is wider I think, but I'm only 170lbs, Like other guys I'm almost always standing when I shoot. These stands are the best around, Go get it you will love it. The seat adjusts easy, just lift it to the top if you want to shoot sitting.

sproulman 09-09-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by CaptDean (Post 3679287)
I have a Summit Switchblade. I choose this one because it folds flat when backpacking, it is really nice and well worth the money. Titan is wider I think, but I'm only 170lbs, Like other guys I'm almost always standing when I shoot. These stands are the best around, Go get it you will love it. The seat adjusts easy, just lift it to the top if you want to shoot sitting.

yes,TITAN is heavier.but with winter clothes on it is SWEET.
most of time i dont walk more than 1/2 mile to hunt.so it does not kill me but is noticeable.i look at comfort more than weight and understand that.
most of time i hide my stands in brush and cover with that camo netting from wal-mart.so i dont carry them out daily,only when i am not hunting for a few days or if it looks like rain etc.
too small a stand is no good if sitting more than 4 hrs.if 4 hrs is your limit, YES get the smaller stands.

YooperMike 09-10-2010 06:55 AM

I hunted out of my Goliath exclusively for three years, 100's of trips up and down the trees. Excellent stands. When I bought my Goliath, the Titan wasn't invented yet, or I would have bought one. I set the top section like I'm sitting in a barstool, as opposed to those that set it real close to the bottom. I'm 6'10" though, so when I stand up even with the top set up high, I still have plenty of room with the front bar. Climbing is SIMPLE and painless because of the bar, as well as safety while in stand is greatly increased by having that padded bar. You absolutely won't be disappointed in the Titan if you get one. Also, the Summit side/front bags are awesome. With my climber, I don't carry a pack, everything I need is in the bags.