Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Help with Glen-Dale Target >

Help with Glen-Dale Target

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Help with Glen-Dale Target

Old 08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Spike

Default Help with Glen-Dale Target

Hey Guys - Just recently purchased the new Glen-Dale target, the one that is smaller than the "Full Rut". My wife and I have only shot at it 3 times. I got to close to it with the mowing deck and I caught the front leg. It actually broke off, right above the molded part that fits in the groove on the leg. I have had the "Full Rut" version also and one of the things I did not like about it, was it's size. It was to flimsy and not sturdy enough. I was wandering if there was a type of epoxy glue that might hold it. I hope I explained myself well enough. If anyone has any suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate them. Thanks - Mike
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mpool
Hey Guys - Just recently purchased the new Glen-Dale target, the one that is smaller than the "Full Rut". My wife and I have only shot at it 3 times. I got to close to it with the mowing deck and I caught the front leg. It actually broke off, right above the molded part that fits in the groove on the leg. I have had the "Full Rut" version also and one of the things I did not like about it, was it's size. It was to flimsy and not sturdy enough. I was wandering if there was a type of epoxy glue that might hold it. I hope I explained myself well enough. If anyone has any suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate them. Thanks - Mike
A friend of mine used Gorilla glue on his Glen-Dale... BUT it was on the ear. Not sure if it would be sturdy enough to hold the leg on, but it is worth a try. You may also want to get a few small diameter rods and place them on the inside to firm up the leg to body. Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Spike

Thanks vipermike. My wife had recommended the Gorilla Glue. Now that you mention it, the Full Rut has some support stakes in it. My brother in-law, hit one just right and broke his arrow. I do like the idea of maybe some small stakes. At this point I am desperate. Thanks again! Mike
Old 09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

Gorilla Glue will work. The front leg of my Full Rut fell completely off, and i filled it full of Gorilla Glue and havent had a problem since. Its not the best looking job, but it works great!!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

JB Weld will fix anything.