Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Need a new hunting arrow - light weight >

Need a new hunting arrow - light weight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need a new hunting arrow - light weight

Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a new hunting arrow - light weight

Hello all....been awhile since I've been around. Hope all is well.

I am looking for a new hunting arrow. I would like an arrow at 29", tipped with a 100gr broadhead to weight less than 400gr....ideally, between 350-375.

I'm sure the gpi would need to be around the mid 7's or so. For the past few seasons I've used the Nugent Gold Tips but am in need for some new arrows.

I'll be shooting a Hoyt Maxxis 31, 29" at 70lbs.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Too bad you're not an inch shorter. I have a doz. Easton Epic STs .400 cut to 28" that weight right in there atabout 370 gr with 100 gr tip. Send me a pm if interested. 1/2 doz haven't even been shot. They are fletched with NAP Quik Spin vanes.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gold Tip 22 series or Ultralite 300. I believe both weigh in at 7.3gpi. Actually if you get on Gold Tip's website you can use their "Build Your Own Arrow" feature and see what the end product would weigh and the FOC.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

you could shoot the easton flatline 400s they are 7.3gpi. thats what im shooting and they fly very well ive been shooting them ever since they came out with them and stopped making the lightspeeds. they are not to expensive either well worth the price!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Easton Flatlines are excellent shafts! They offer impressive tolerences and shoot amazingly well. They are my top pick for lightweight hunting shafts.