Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

about the bow prices,

Old 07-05-2003, 10:12 AM

Default about the bow prices,

i posted earlier in another post about " fast bows under $500.00" . asking about bows under that amount. people tell my husband about certain bows he can get for certain prices but around here it seems the prices are so much higher. he priced one bow at one sporting shop for $100.00 in the diffrence of the very same bow from another local shop. both these bows offered the very same bow but at the $100.00 diffrence in price. and both shops were in a 40 miles radius of one another. we cant figure the diffrence unless it`s because of certain shops price gouging because of being in rural areas and us having less acess to more bow shops.

my husband is interested in the black knight from bow tech , what is the lowest prices any one here has saw on them and where are they that he could possibly purchase it from? any catalogs he can order from or internet shops? all info appreciated. thank you, annie.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:34 PM

Default RE: about the bow prices,

I just bought a blacknight off of ebay. I got it for 700 but it did come with $500 worth of accessories. So essentially it was like getting it for 200. Good luck with your local shops I live in Columbus, OH with lots of competetive bow shops. The cheapest I could get it for was 749. And that was the bow only nothing else. There is another one on ebay right now for about 500. it doesn' t have as many accessories as mine but it does have a lot more than just a bow in a shop for 749.
If you want me to get you the item number let me know. all you would have to do though is got to ebay home page. click sporting goods, then archery, then bows, then compound, and then search for blacknight. Let me know what you think.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:35 PM

You can' t purchase it from catalogs or internet shops either. They are like mathews and are only sold in shops. you could possibly get it from a place off the web if neither of your shops are the " official" dealer of bowtech.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:04 PM

I just saw another blacknight on ebay. You can buy it now for 425. to find one of search for bowtech to find the other search for blacknight.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was also one on ArcheryTalk in the classifieds I think it was an 03 one
Old 07-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just checked sorry my bad it is a 02 model.
here is the link
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...threadid=21689
Old 07-07-2003, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I went looking to buy my new Hoyt, I found it varied in price by $150.00 from one store to the next. Service might be better at one, but not THAT much better!
Old 07-07-2003, 08:39 PM

I just bought an AR and from everything Ive read and heard all AR dealers have to sign a contract on their price, it is supposed to be 599 no matter where you go to eliminate the " price gouging" i thought was a good idea but have now seen a few on e-bay for less money, but then I wouldnt get the good customer service.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:36 AM

One thing to watch for is set up ! One shop may include it in the price and another may not . Some charge as much as $50 additional dollars to set it up after you purchase and nickel/dime you to death after that.

I used to deal with a guy that sold bows at full retail (always), but he would add the peep ,loop,silencers for free & he would paper tune the bow with you, spend all day giving shooting tips, unlimited shooting on his 3-d course and indoor range, unlimited chronograph usage, help with any tuning problems ...including broadheads, etc.etc.etc. all for the original price. Just something to think about !