Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Cant get used to mathews dxt >

Cant get used to mathews dxt

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cant get used to mathews dxt

Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cant get used to mathews dxt

I have had this bow for a year and a half and strugle with the valley on it. It just wants to go with my arm with it. Any suggestions I am even up to selling this bow and getting a more user friendly valley any recommendations on a bow to try. Maybe one of the new bears?Pse?any brand?
Thanks guys
Chris
Old 07-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Spike

I recomment the hoyt bows. I like the new Turbo Hawk or the Hoyt Maxxis 31.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

dumb question, but are you sure the draw length is set correctly? That is the first I've heard of that w/ the DXT...
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

It is set at 27.5. Before I always shot 28, maybe that is what is throwing me off, I have pulled back before and bounced off back wall and bow tries to lurch forward then, now I pull back bow slow. When I am holding the bow at full draw lining up my target that is when I have the most trouble, I guess my form has gotten bad and I am relaxing too much for the short valley. My anchor point from the past is not the same now. Does this sound like a draw length problem
Thanks chris
Old 07-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might try adjusting the fit of the release.The one I use is the buckle type.I found the third hole from the end works best for me.If I use the second or fourth hole it's harder to maintain back tension and accuracy falls off.Good luck!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

That is a good idea will try that also am getting a different person to look at my peep keeps turning and I have to reposition my head each shot.
Thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

took bow to different shop and the moved 2 strands on peep to get strait and not turn. Now we are in business I can pull back and anchor to the right spot and see thru the peep. The bow seems to hold better now, it does have a short valley but now I am holding in my normal anchor spot. Thanks for the input guys
Chris
Old 07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
dumb question, but are you sure the draw length is set correctly? That is the first I've heard of that w/ the DXT...

The DXT is long on the Draw. I have a 28" D/L that is pulling closer to 29".