Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Your favorite broadhead! And why! >

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Your favorite broadhead! And why!

Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
Shot a bear last week w/ the NAP Spitfire Maxx... all I can say is wow... what a hurting this bh put on the bear... huge entry and exit hole w/ a severe quartering away angle... performed flawlessly... BH in perfect shape after shot too.
Good to hear, I picked up some this year and have been itching to try them out. Hopefully my experiences will be as good as yours.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Spike

I'll stick with the 2 blade Rages. The holes they make and the blood trails they leave have to be seen to believe. I'm shooting them out of a crossbow and have gotten pass throughs on the 2 deer I've shot so far with them.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 AM
Spike

Default favorite broadhead and why

i love the muzzy mx3. they are long lasting and inexpensive
Old 10-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I just took a doe with a G5 Montec, and I am impressed.

The head smashed through the top of the shoulder blade, nicked the spine, and then continued through the left lung. The arrow did not pass through, but it was sticking out about 10 inches behind the left leg.

The head is stil sharp and ready to go for another deer.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Spike

mine has to be the NAP bloodrunner 2 blades, i got this button buck today, the string hit my arm as i relase and sent the arrow wayyy right and hit him in the guts. it made a 4 inch ENTRY wound. he went maybe 30 yards then just fell over

Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

Slick Tricks all the way, I, use the 100 mags and they make big holes and great blood trails and they are fixed blades and very tough. These heads fly just like a field tip so there is no need for a mech head here.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

My bow set up is in my signature. The G5 Montec CS's fly exactly like my practice arrows, are sharp as heck, leave a great wound channel and pass thru like a knife thru hot butter.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzy MX-4 Cheap, reliable, deadly
Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote Slick Trick Magnums, taken 4 bucks with them. 2 complete pass throughs, and 2 stayed in them because I shot down on them and went through the spine down into the heart. I love them, they fly very well and are tough.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by live2hunt009
I am a Grim Reaper fan. Penetration is unmatchable by any other expandable.
Me too. Field point accurate and incredible wound channels.

Their slogan is "Watch them drop" and I do it on a regular basis. This year (so far) four deer shot, the farthest one ran just over 60 yards from where it was hit. The second farthest was 40 yards and the first two went no more than 20 yards. In 2006 I shot a black bear that went 15 feet and was dead.

I see no reason to use anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.