Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Looking for a new bow sight. >

Looking for a new bow sight.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for a new bow sight.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking for a new bow sight.

I am looking for a new bow sight for around $80, the main focus is on the fiber-optics. I want three or four pins, but i don't know much about the vertical pin sights. Any suggestions appreciated. If you need more info just ask!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Spike

I bought a spott-hogg real deal 5 pin sight 1st pin .029 2 and 3rd pin .019 and 4 and 5th pin .010. I absolutely love the fact that you can order them to your preference. Very good sight. In my opinion it all depends on how far you will shoot at game. If you are not going to shoot beyond 40 yrds I would get a single pin sight.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by schmoe147
I bought a spott-hogg real deal 5 pin sight 1st pin .029 2 and 3rd pin .019 and 4 and 5th pin .010. I absolutely love the fact that you can order them to your preference. Very good sight. In my opinion it all depends on how far you will shoot at game. If you are not going to shoot beyond 40 yrds I would get a single pin sight.

wow, the difference in my 20 yard pin and my 40 yard pin is an inch, and thats on the bow, it is more like a foot or so at the bag..how is one pin sufficient, i gave up guessin along time ago.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Spike

It's hard to beat Spot-Hogg. I've yet to see another sight with a $100 price tag thats worth the money. I've been shooting a Real Deal since 2002, since then I added the new wrap kit. Then I decided I liked it so much, I bought another one just like it for the back-up bow!

Take a look at the Spot-Hogg Right-On and the new Bulletproof.

Tyler
Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
wow, the difference in my 20 yard pin and my 40 yard pin is an inch, and thats on the bow, it is more like a foot or so at the bag..how is one pin sufficient, i gave up guessin along time ago.
Sounds like you need a faster bow my friend. I can set 1 pin for 30 and be a few inches high at 20 and few inches low at 40.

I use 3 pins for 3d though.

I would go search through archerytalk.com classifieds. You can get some killer dealers over there. Lots of sites let you remove x # of pins which may be what you want.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a specific sight

I have been all over this internet looking for a Trophy Ridge Mantis GS V-Drive Pendulem Sight for a right handed shooter. Can anyone help me in locating one, maybe two? Thank you.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by WisconsinBowHunter
I am looking for a new bow sight for around $80, the main focus is on the fiber-optics. I want three or four pins, but i don't know much about the vertical pin sights. Any suggestions appreciated. If you need more info just ask!
I bought a Redhead Kryptic sight from Bass Pro for $70.00 Has the fiber optics (very bright pins), a level and place to put a pin light (if you want one).
Old 07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Cobra Boomslanger Light sight is nice. I have the one without the sight and it is plenty bright. But for those first few mins and last few mins of legal shooting time, the light may give you the edge you need. This is a solid rest.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Spike

AXION simplex 3 pin .020 This sight will blow you away in regards to pin brightness! Usually around $80 to $90.

Last edited by tcicon; 07-09-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: add info