Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New stablizer

Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default New stablizer

Well, after noticing my draw length was an inch long, its fixed. So I was shooting today and still my groups weren't showing. So I took the stabilizer off and sure enough, groups! Also the arrow flew faster and hit harder as well. The stabilizer I have is a LimbSaver S-Coil which is 5 inches and 5 ounces. I want a stabilizer that will work. What do you recommend? I will go up to 60 dollars. I am looking at an Octane 7 inch stabilizer, but it weighs five ounces as well so i don't know. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Spike

I have been shooting the octane 7" stabilizer on my Bowtech Guardian for 2 seasons now.
My groups are better with the stabilizer on. As far as speed goes I have not noticed much of a difference. I never had it checked against a crono though.
My suggestion is to buy it from a retailer that will take a return no questions asked.
If you don't like it return it.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WisconsinBowHunter
Also the arrow flew faster and hit harder as well
There is nothing that a stabilizer can do that will change the speed of your bow. This is your perception only.