HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   lookin for good fixed blade (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/320844-lookin-good-fixed-blade.html)

nwtrykon87 04-01-2010 07:22 PM

lookin for good fixed blade

posted a couple times on here an never got many responses so ill try again.. im looking for a good fixed blade broad head.. brand does not matter.. i am just looking for likes and dislikes of different brands to try to decide what i wanna shoot.. i always had tuning problems with fixed blade broadheads even after i had my bow papertuned

please any information is greatly appreciated

bigbulls 04-01-2010 07:27 PM

I get to use and test a whole bunch of broadheads and all in all I would put a slick trick up against any broadhead currently offered. I haven't found anything yet that puts it all together in a single broadhead like a slick trick does. Despite the free samples and discounts I could get on different brands or models of broadheads, Slick Tricks are ALWAYS on my hunting arrows.

Sniper151 04-02-2010 07:41 AM

My favorite is the NAP Thunderhead. I have used this broadhead for many years with no malfunctions. They perform extremely well and is a quality product, consistant weight and well made.

Western MA Hunter 04-02-2010 08:22 AM

Slick Trick's are great broadheads and fly great...
I personally like the Crimson Talon XTs the best... Fly very well and very destructive...

fatfreddy 04-02-2010 08:55 AM

Muzzy work 4 me

Kill em all and let God sort em out!!!

Risasi 04-02-2010 12:46 PM

Magnus Stingers

redmag 04-02-2010 03:52 PM

For an affordable good flying broadhead, look no further than NAP Thunderheads. I have used them for quite a few years and have taken mostly deer and bears with them. For me, the best thing is I can screw them on and go hunting.

Jim

steelhead777 04-02-2010 11:49 PM

Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts and SlickTrick Mag's for me!! I use 2 and 4 blade stingers both fly the same:cool2:

2 Samuel 22:35 04-03-2010 03:45 PM

I have heard so much good about slick trick
In my opinion that is the way to go, but there could be better.

bronko22000 04-03-2010 06:25 PM

Everyone seems to rage about the Slick Trick and they may be a great broadhead but I've never tried them my self. Two years ago I switched to Magnus Stingers (100 gr - 4 blade). They hit exactly the same POI as my field tips. In these two years using them I've taken 2 buck, a bison, and a bobcat. Both deer ran only a short distance and then began walking away and expired within 75 yds of where they were shot. They acted as though they got stung by a bee or something. The only 'drawback' with the Stingers is that the aluminum ferrule has a tendancy to crack when it hits something really hard. But you send it back to Magnus and they send you a new one.
Another broadhead that I hear good reports on is the G5.