Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Long Draw Length

Old 04-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Spike

Default Long Draw Length

OK, just wondering, I didn't really thinkmy draw length was out of the ordinary at 31 3/4 ". I walked into Gander Mtn the other day in hopes to shoot one of the new Diamonds. To my surprise the pro told me that he didn't have anything that I would be able to shoot let alone buy. So I wrote to Diamond and they told me that i would need to look elsewhere for a bow with that long of a draw. So, I guess my question is what is everyone with a long draw shooting this year. I guess it has been a couple of years since I wanted to buy a new bow, but I didn't think there would be an issue
Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

That is pretty long
I am 6-foot with a 29 inch draw length and Everyone tells me i have a long draw length
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

yea that is a problem.. i know 100% for sure that the hoyt maxxis goes to 32" draw length... so i would check other companies.. the maxxis is an awesome bow.. and if the price is to high for you.. check ebay.. you may get lucky and find 1 with that length
Old 04-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Spike

I have a 31 1/2 draw length and it is really hard to find a bow that goes to that DL. I currently shoot a mathews switchback LD. Some other bows are the Mathews Drenlain LD, Hoyt Maxxis
Old 04-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Spike

Thanks! I am looking at the Matthews lineup, but am not liking the price tag.