Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

More ammo for the wife.

Old 06-20-2003, 09:59 AM

Default More ammo for the wife.

Just spent a new bow' s worth at cabelas just now - got the scentlock bug fever! Ordered a scentblocker jacket/pants/headcover and all the detergents (soap, shampoo, carbon blast, ect). They have some good scent elimination stuff in the bargain cave for 1/2 off retail (It' s a shame roses aren' t 1/2 price right now-gonna need ' em[&:]) I really hope these garments work as good as advertised - never seen them before - any advise on care/use?
Old 06-21-2003, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More ammo for the wife.

Hey good luck with your wife! LOL! I' ve been stashin away my cash for some new gear, myself. Since I' m getting married in August, I' m sure my Fiance' will love the new Bow I plan on buying myself for her wedding gift! LOL!
Old 06-21-2003, 03:16 PM

Yes. Try to wash the garments only when necessary (washing reduces the life of the carbon).
Old 06-21-2003, 07:27 PM

I personally have a Browning Hydro Fleece outfit with the Gore-Tex Supprescent lining and they say you can' t hurt the Supprescent lining by washing it. It' s made different than conventional carbon clothes, and that' s why I bought the Supprescent instead of Scent-Lok or Scent Blocker. Your best bet to care for your clothes is like Tax Lawyer said, only wash em' when you need to. Use clothes wash for carbon lined clothes. Store in scent free bags, such as the ones Hunters Specialties makes. The lining may be scent free but the outer shell of the clothes still absorbs scent like normal clothes, so when you are done hunting put the outfit immediately back in the storage bags. You can re-activate the carbon in the lining by putting them in the dryer and running it on high for like 40 minutes.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:17 AM

How many times can you wash the garments before they lose their effectiveness? Do the special laundry detergents made for carbon clothing work to extend the life, or can I wash them with ordinary unscented, UV-free detergent? I' m assuming that the detergents with cover scents should not be used on these garments.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:47 AM

Yes, the special detergents such as Wildlife Research' s " Carbo Clothes Wash" do add/extend life to your carbon lined clothes. I don' t wash my Supprescent outfit with scented soaps like some have with fresh earth scent. Makes no sense to me to wash a garment designed to absorb scent with detergent that has a scent to it. I do still spray the outside of my clothes down with Scent-A-Way spray when I go hunting though.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wash as Little as possible with carbon clothes wash. Usually only if there coverd with blood or mud. other than that Just put in the dryer on high to reactivate and there good to go. They will come with instructions.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:48 AM

no matter how you look at it face facts your a bowhunter, and besides the obvious , there will always be ammo for the wife , mines favorite line reguarding me is : i need i need i need lol so don' t sweat ,and i too have a secret stash of cash for all my i needs