Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

snake boots

Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default snake boots

I'm going to hunt wild boar in central FL, I've heard there's a lot of snakes and since my girlfriend saw this episode of "alive" on animalplanet about this guy getting nailed by a rattlesnake in FL, she's all over me about that.....
She says "it'll ruin her vacation if I get bitten"
We're not even married yet and already something smells fishy.....

So the question is, what should I do to prevent this.
Is snakeboots the answer ?

Frank Belgium
Old 02-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Spike

I live in florida and do alot of wild pig hunting. The area's where the pigs live are also a good place to find snakes. A good pair of snake boots is a good thing to have (or a pair of snake chaps). I would definately recomend them, but the best advice would be to watch where you step!

Good luck and let us know how you do!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thankyou for that information Countryboy.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

Cool

Well, is seems I'm a little late on this thread, but I just want to let you know that I have been through a few different brands of snake boots and the Danner Pronghorns are my favorite. I will probably buy another pair when I wear these out, although I have been wearing TurtleSkin Snake Gaiters lately, so it will be a while. I think I prefer the gaiters overall though as they are lighter, cooler, and more comfortable if you buy a good pair.

Here is a link to the site where I learned about the boots and gaiters: www.snakeproofgear.com

(hopefully I did it right and it works)
Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

I live in NW AL, a lot of rattlers here, I have some Cableas snake boot and love them