Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

martin Moab

Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Spike

Default martin Moab

what real speeds are u Moab owners getting. IBO is 320 but im 26inch draw and will hunt around 65lb. just wondering if i will get enough speed to use a mechanical broad head or if i should play it safe with a Fixed, any help would be nice thanks guys
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mmasteve
what real speeds are u Moab owners getting. IBO is 320 but im 26inch draw and will hunt around 65lb. just wondering if i will get enough speed to use a mechanical broad head or if i should play it safe with a Fixed, any help would be nice thanks guys
as a general rule you lose 10fps per inch of draw length, 2fps per pound of draw weight, 5-8fps fpr peep & loop. with a 325gr arrow, should put your speed somewhere around 262fps. i figure your KE approx. 50fbs. IMO not enough for mechanicals. i would stick with fixed blades.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Spike

thanks for the input im new to bow hunting and just want to make sure i do the best as possible
Old 02-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mmasteve
thanks for the input im new to bow hunting and just want to make sure i do the best as possible
seen your thread on the other site. thought i messed up my reply. sorry about the double answer. have fun!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Spike

i have the same queation i shoot 29 inch draw 70lb my bow ibo is 325 lb have peep and loop
Old 02-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 78camaro
i have the same queation i shoot 29 inch draw 70lb my bow ibo is 325 lb have peep and loop
should be around 307fps with a KE of 73flbs. google arrow speed and arrow kinetic energy caculators to get the formula to check this for yourself. you should be fine with mech. heads with good shot placement.