Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 looking for a good gps....any suggestions? >

looking for a good gps....any suggestions?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

looking for a good gps....any suggestions?

Old 06-13-2003, 10:34 PM

Default looking for a good gps....any suggestions?

I need a low priced, something like a magellan 310 or 315 gps, that would work for hunting in wilderness areas and timbered breaks. If anyone has any used, I would take them too. Any help would be really appreciated...
Old 06-14-2003, 10:14 PM

Default RE: looking for a good gps....any suggestions?

My wife and I both have the Garmin 12. We have used them for several years for elk hunting. I can lock onto satelites even in a heavy timbered area. I only use it to get a direction to a wallow or ??????. I get the bearing and distance and turm it off. I hunt for 30 days in a row and only use one set od batteries. This model can save 500 way points. They have worked with out a glitch for me. Hope this helps. Mark
Old 06-15-2003, 12:22 AM

Default RE: looking for a good gps....any suggestions?

I have six hunting partners . . . we all have Magellan 315' s and are well pleased. Occasionally there are a few holes in the boonies where we hunt that wack out any gps unit. But I just switch to compass mode and keep going. The area where we hunt is often used for Naval Tactical Warfar practice and sometimes the Navy screws things up. But we always make it back.

You can' t find much thicker heavier timbered forests than we have in the Cascades. We are all very well pleased.