Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
just wanted to give some feedback >

just wanted to give some feedback

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

just wanted to give some feedback

Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Spike

Default just wanted to give some feedback

i went bow shopping this weekend and shot a few and wanted to give some quick reviews. went to bass pro and shot the REDHEAD TOXIC that the saleman was trying to push he said it had the DIAMOND BLACK ICE Riser and MARQuis limbs and cams. he said diamond used the best of there 08 tech to make the 09 toxic. the pull was smooth the speed was average at best but not bad and had minor hand shock. on a scale of 1-10 i would give it a 7.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

sorry i didnt get a chance to finish my reviews but had something come up. the next few i shot was the HOYT TURBO HAWK, PSE BOWMADNESS XS, MARTIN FIREHAWK, Martin MOAB and the REDHEAD TOXIC like i stated in the 1st post. they all were 26 inch drawn 60 LBS. i will rank them in a few different areas as far as my opinion.

SPEED
#1 MARTIN FIREHAWK
#2 HOYT TURBO HAWK
#3 Martin MOAB
#4 PSE BOWMADNESS
#5 REDHEAD TOXIC

Smooth Draw
#1 Hoyt Turbo HAWK
#2 Martin MOAB
#3 PSE Bowmadness/ Redhead Toxic Tied
#4 Martin Firehawk

least noise & Hand shock
#1 Hoyt Turbo HAwk
#2 Martin Moab/ Firehawk
#3 PSE Bowmadness/ Redhead Toxic tied
all 3 were quit with little hand shock

Price
HOYT TURBO HAWK 549
Readhead Toxic 499
Martin Firehawk 479
PSE BOWMADNESS XS 459
MARTIN MOAB 379

all 5 were awesome bows worth the money but i went with the MARTIN MOAB and spent the extra on better sites. the little noise it had i added a FUSE Stabilizer and it was gones very good investment for 21.99. just figured i throw this out there incase anyone is looking at one of these bows.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reviews, I'm looking for a new bow this year. However, your choice reminds me of the joke where 3 women interviewed for a job with varying skills and the punchline was, Who got hired? The one with the biggest tits.
The martin did not finish first in any of your categories but by far had had the best price and you chose it.
I'm not de-grading your choice or your reasoning