Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Bohning HELIX blazer jig >

Bohning HELIX blazer jig

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bohning HELIX blazer jig

Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bohning HELIX blazer jig

Anyone have experience putting blazers on with this helix jig? I'm doing it right now, have put 3 arrows together but i'm curious if anyone can speak to the accuracy or downrange speed loss using the helical
Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

I have used the Helix jig with my Blazer vanes, and can not say that I have seen any drop in accuacy or speed. Arrows still impact where I aim.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Spike

I have shot all kinds of fletchings, my 2 favorite are Gateway feathers and blazer vanes both set on a right helical. My blazers are just as accurate as the feathers. I must say that if i had a choice i would rather shoot feathers just because they create a little more drag which will give you a stable arrow faster. All in all you can go wrong with blazers. Check me out on the web at www.pass-thrucustomarrows.com
Old 03-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if I missed something here but.... I was always under the impression that a helical always produced better accuracy when using broadheads (fixed). You might get by with a straight fletch for field tips or mechanicals but I would still prefer a helical. As for the loss of speed, I don't think it would be noticable.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I like mine better than the arizona easy fletch. Don't notice a change in POI.

Very simple to use. Very extream helix though.