Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Help picking a 1st bow in my price range >

Help picking a 1st bow in my price range

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Help picking a 1st bow in my price range

Old 01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Spike

Default Help picking a 1st bow in my price range

went to the bow shop and im down to 3 or 4 i like in my price range and i was looking for any info or advice that might help make my choice easy. Martin MOAB, Diamond STUD, HOYT TURBO HAWK and PSE BowMadness XS. i havent shot any of them but the FEEL, Looking , Smoothness of Draw and price all are nice. thanks for any info.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

havnt been impressed with the bow madness, but it totally up to you. go out there and shoot every one you can find.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

You really need to shoot them before you even narrow them down. That will be the best way to decide. All bows are going to good anymore. You just need to shoot em
Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Spike

With the help of a shop pro... put on a blindfold. Have the pro number the bows 1-5. Shooting all of them with the blindfold on at 10 yards (be sure it is a very large target) concentrate on the feel of the bow, draw cycle, release and hand shock. Start eliminating them as you know it is not a feel you like. Forget name, brand advertising and stick with what matters. Your personal feel of confort. No peeking! Stick with the number one pick and take off the blind fold... that is your new bow! Hope that helps