Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Product bashing ?????

Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by OklaBowhunter
I am sponsored by them. But it certianly never stops me from giving honest reviews about many products. But for someone to put a Mossy Oak sticker/Realtre on the truck. I feel is a good way to support hunting and hunters. If you shoot a Bowtech be proud of the bow you choose. Hunters need to show there proud to be a hunter and there no better way than to show a remington or Mathews sticker on your truck. Hoyt and Mathews both have good customer service. Work in a bow shop enough and you will learn folks want everthing warrantied from dry fires to leaving the bow in Hot vehicle. I shoot for Elite and they warranty all used Elite bows. You can buy a used bow and get it registered. Now thats pretty much amazing. Never had anyone not get helped from calling them. By the way nothing wrong with a Harley or wearing there stuff.
DB

PS
I never bought a product because someone placed it on there truck. But I am proud of hunters who arent afraid to show it.
Being sponsored is a different deal. I understand that.

I myself don't see how putting a bowtech sticker on your truck helps hunters. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

did you know that brand loyalty is taught in in MBA programs??? They teach these corps to use us consumers.

Going out and buying branded logo clothing and wearing it only helps the corporations. Thats it.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default I agree

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Being sponsored is a different deal. I understand that.

I myself don't see how putting a bowtech sticker on your truck helps hunters. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

did you know that brand loyalty is taught in in MBA programs??? They teach these corps to use us consumers.

Going out and buying branded logo clothing and wearing it only helps the corporations. Thats it.

I know many that feel the same way you do. Persoanlly I have always not minded supporting hunting products. Just like my favorite sports team. Bowtech sticker on the back tells me your a bowhunter and proud to tell everyone else. I dont feel its hurting anything and its is a good way for manufactuers to advertise. Cant blame them for that! On the net I consider the person talking and how he conducts himself. If he bashes everthing, I diffiantly turn on the ignore switch. Just because I dont use it doesnt make it a bad product. I dont think anyone buys brands to support the company, I sure dont. My money to hard to come by these days.
DB
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Archery equipment is about confidence. If you don't have 100% confidence in any piece of equipment I wouldn't use it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sixgunluvr
Couldn't have said it better myself.
And neither would I!!

Dan
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

These companys will screw you every step of the way.
I guess those types of companies are out there, but one thing is for sure I would never support them.

I feel like being a dealer and dealing directly with several companies for several years gives me a pretty good idea of what is out there.

Most companies are really top notch and will take care of the customer if he/she goes through proper channels. Most even go above & beyond. I have seen it again and again!

Over the last several years I can count the bad apple companies easily on one hand.

Dan
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still don't understand brand loyalty. These companys will screw you every step of the way. And could care less about you, the customer. If they have to defend a product, so be it. If they have to put out recalls because they put out defective products and knew it, so be it.

People are so jaded these days that if a companies customer service will talk to you, and be nice, they are happy. What happen to the days of "the best company is the one I never have to test out thier warranties".

These companies have hunters looking like a freakin joke out there. They have convinced us to wear thier hats, and shirts, even put stupid logos on our trucks. For free. Now thats pathetic.
So just because you feel like you got screwed from HD no body else should wear a company logo if they like the product and don't get paid? Money is not the anwer. That is the problem with society today, they place too much emphasis on money and expect everyone to think like they do. Seriously, everybody can do what they please to do. Everyone is NOT a joke. My GF has a Diamond sticker on her SUV, what is wrong with that? She likes her bow and enjoys shooting it and hunting. Do as you please.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
So just because you feel like you got screwed from HD no body else should wear a company logo if they like the product and don't get paid? Money is not the anwer. That is the problem with society today, they place too much emphasis on money and expect everyone to think like they do. Seriously, everybody can do what they please to do. Everyone is NOT a joke. My GF has a Diamond sticker on her SUV, what is wrong with that? She likes her bow and enjoys shooting it and hunting. Do as you please.
Couldn't Agree more!!

Dan
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I only know of one bow company that cares about their customers. Its Bill Dunn from Zippers. Rest could care less.
Come on BC. Have you delt with all of them? Maybe you don't know of others, but saying the rest could care less? Broad brush, and as usual the broad brush just makes a mess.

I don't know about compound companies, but I can name several traditional bowyers that will bend over backwards to satisfy a customer. Sure, some are rats, but not nearly all.

Chad
Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to deal with Parker Bows 2 years ago. They had great customer service. I sent a bow in for a limb swap to upgrade to a higher poundage. They didn't have limbs to match the camo pattern originally on the bow so they gtave me a new riser. The bow came back with everything new except for the cams for under $100 including shipping in a week.c The people there were very nice as well. Parker Bows customer service is very Good.