Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Strings?

Old 12-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Strings?

I am in need of new bow string. Mine is a couple of years old and has some wear. Well anyway I was out looking for christmas ideas and ran across some made by First string called FlightWire. Anyone use these or has anyone even heard of them. I am not familiar with them, and just wanted to know if they were any good. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

winners choice, dont settle for less.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WisconsinBowHunter
winners choice, dont settle for less.
AMEN!!! Anything else will NOT perform to the same level or be backed by such an impressive warranty!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive had great luck with vapor trail
Old 12-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kldad06
I am in need of new bow string. Mine is a couple of years old and has some wear. Well anyway I was out looking for christmas ideas and ran across some made by First string called FlightWire. Anyone use these or has anyone even heard of them. I am not familiar with them, and just wanted to know if they were any good. Thanks.
Never heard of the string or maker. Most of your custom string makers make VERY good products! You can pick your colors, servings ect.

909bowsniper on here is making custom stings now. He's calling his company Wicked1 stings. His trunaround time is FAST. He currently using Brownells Excel material and has all their colors. Around the 15th he will be offering BCY 452x material as well (this is what most of the custom string markers use) and around the first of the year he will have a new material from brownells called Astro Flight. The Brownell Prostaff is liking this material alot!

shoot me or 909bowsniper a PM for more information if you'd like.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I was just wondering if anyone had ever even heard of them. They don't sound half bad. I looked them up and they are about twice the price on web as opposed to the price in the store. I have a guy around here that builds his own that hold up really well, I just wanted to see what else was available. I haven't had to buy a new string ever. I normally just up grade the same time and get a new bow. But I love the diamond black ice and won't up grade for a while.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kldad06
I was just wondering if anyone had ever even heard of them. They don't sound half bad. I looked them up and they are about twice the price on web as opposed to the price in the store. I have a guy around here that builds his own that hold up really well, I just wanted to see what else was available. I haven't had to buy a new string ever. I normally just up grade the same time and get a new bow. But I love the diamond black ice and won't up grade for a while.
I've never heard of them either, but maybe the rpice on-line is for a different string than they make for shops. Tailor Maid is a company like this. They make a higher quality string and then they make one that some shops use. Not having used their higher quality ones I will say that the ones in the shop I used to work for would not go on my bow, nor anybody else's if I have a choice. Pure crap so I would also question the quality of their "better" strings.

Me? I've used Prostrings, Winner's Choice, and Bucknasty (Gibblet on these forums). Considering the price I'll take Bucknasty. Winner's Choice is very very good, but too high for the quality. Bucknasty's were just as good at 2/3 the cost.

I'm about ready to get new ones and am probably going to try H&M. Heck, somebody has to be a guinea pig and I don't trust the answers from people on the internet. Those that are so adament toward one brand always throw up a red flag for me in that I question what they have tried to compare their favorite to. I'll do my own homework, thankyou. It's only money and it's not forever.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I've done a little research on Firststring and found them at Keystone Country Store. Do have to say they are a bit pricey. The X-it strings are out of this world for price.

They may be good, but I wonder just how good to demand an MSRP of $200 a set for X-it. $160 over the counter. Ouch!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Right now you can get the first string flightwire which is blue/bronze for $50 at bass pro. They seem to be made of the same material as many of the other brands. But I will say the ones that I have found on the internet run 70-90 for what appears to be the same thing. Just an idea. Like I said earlier there is a guy that lives around OKC that builds them, and I have had a set, and they really are very good. My buddy also has a set on his bow and they hold up nicely. But for me season is over and I really wont start shooting again until april-may, so I have time. My freezer is full and my wife would SHOOT me if I shot anything else
Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bass Pro about 5 miles from my house. I'll have to check this out. If I can get the Flightwire for $50 for my FireCat I'll do it, asuming they have what I want. Then I'll know how good they are. Website says the Flightwire is BCY 452X.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.