Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Destroyer??

Old 12-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech Destroyer??

Any thoughts?? I'm excited about shooting it but we haven't got it in yet.. The design looks great and u can't beat the new technology that bowtech keeps coming up with.. They defiantly have been leading the pack the last few years..
Old 12-05-2009, 05:20 AM
Spike

If you have a dealer in your area, try out the genetix by New Breed Archery. Absolutely fantastic.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one yesterday- here's a C&P from my thread over on AT

Originally Posted by JeffB
Put some arrows through one this morning. It really *is* all that and a bag of chips.

Force draw curve is most impressive to me. It draws FAR nicer than the 2009 CP riser cams pound for pound. Very smooth with nice transitions. I knew it was maxed out at 71 pounds- but I think it draws alot nicer at that weight than plenty of 320-340 FPS bows on the market. In the 350+ FPS class, no doubt it's smoother and easier to draw with much nicer transitions than the Monsters, 82nd, or PSE UF/HF cammed bows. No back end buildups, no glaring humps or dropoffs.

The fit and finish was impeccable- really nicely put together. I couldn't find a flaw on it. All the machining was good, no swirls or goofiness, things were tight and well fitted. The camo dip was very well done as was limb sanding/ edges, etc. One thing that did surprise me was Ithat I was not aware that there is actually a short strip of 6061 aluminum in there- I thought from the pics it was a white glass or composite.

At the shot- it's what people have been saying- very smooth- very little recoil. It's not as dead or as quiet as the Air Raid or the CP riser bows, but it's pretty close-and it's got another 20-30 FPS on top of any of those bows (and I was shooting a 351 grain arrow). Balance at full draw was great and the bow holds absolutely ROCK SOLID on target. Locks in at full draw, and no feeling like it's gonna take off on you like a Spiral/XTR/82nd/Monster/UF/HF or most other high speed cam designs.

I did not shoot it through the chrono- the Birth Cert said 340 FPS at 29/71 with brass nock and cushions. Shop stated they got 337 FPS out of it with a biscuit on it. So it's close. I did not measure the draw length, but's a tad long-typical of most recent Bowtechs- 1/4-3/8" long AMO. Def not as long as 2 other 2010 bows that are marked 29" that I picked up off the shelf to compare (both I which I did measure previously-both were 3/4-7/8" long AMO)

Grip- easily repeated- the bow is not torquey at all during the draw into transitions or at anchor, and the shape is really nice. Not sure whether I dig the hard plastic feel.

I do have a couple nitpicks-

1) There is a slight vibration sensation that I'm fairly positive is the flex-guard- it's not really audible, nor is it like handshock- but if you concentrate you can feel a little "sproing". I believe a strip of that limbsaver grip insulator cut in half would eliminate it. Again though it was barely peceptible, and it certainly would not keep me from buying the bow or bother me.

2) The cables below the flex guard are extremely close together. They could use a little bit more separation. Again, nowhere near a deal breaker- just a nitpick.

3) RED- I hate the red- and I think the limb graphics are a little..Saturday morning WWF? I Don' t know. I like subtle. Again just a nitpick

I think the best way to describe the Destroyer 350 is that it's going to be the speed bow for the masses. The Monsters, the Omen, the Dream Season UF, the 82nd and even the AlphaBurner- they make you work though every inch for every bit of that speed. The Destroyer 350 may not quite clock as high as some of those on the chrono, but for your average guy who comes into a shop- it's going to be a much more comfortable drawing/easy shooting bow and the numbers are close enough.

It was nice to see the excitement over the bow-My friends who run the shop had stated everyone who shot it since it arrived had high praise for the bow, and while I was there several customers came in asking for it/wanted to shoot it/shot it.

I'm beyond happy with the bow I have for the moment, but if the D340 ends up being as impressive as the D350 is, my credit card will definitely be sweating
Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Spike

We received the Destroyer 340 a few days ago and it is also all that and a bag of Chips. The only thing negitive I have heard is the plastic grip. Otherwise everyone loves it.