Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New rest for a new bow?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New rest for a new bow?

Ok Guys need a little of your imput here.

I am going to be setting up my new bow (Bow tech captain) And i was thinking about going to a dropaway rest? I will be using it mostly for hunting. What would you suggest?
QAD,RIPECORD, LIMBDRIVER,??

I have been using a W/B with good success and it will stay on my now back up bow 04-justice, Just wanting to try something different.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any of those is probably good. I use a QAD LD and really like it.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

I took the WB off my bow this past year and went to the Limbdriver and I must say it has been to best decision I have made. Really easy to set up and tune. And has perfect fletching clearance. Not trying to say anything bad about the QAD rest both my friends bought one this past year and we did side by side comparrison with the lipstick test(put lipstick on the vanes to see if they are rubbing anywhere) and even after serveral adjustments he still could not get complete clearance. Just my two cents
Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

I have not used the others but I really like my ripcord.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

BvrHunter
Fork Horn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the WB off my bow this past year
im thinking about doing the same and getting rid of my WB Im really just not satisfied with it anymore time to move on
Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

There is another option to think about, if you do like the concept of the W/B you can have this new rest that has the style of the Octane hostage but the brushes drop away so you have the same idea as the drop away.. In my thoughts the best of both worlds,. I believe it is called "Tri-Van Vanishing Rest".. Check it out...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys
Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

I love my ripcord,its a great rest I've had no trouble with it, and I just moved it to my new bow and found that I would have to replace the cord since I cut and served it on my old bow I contacted ripcord to order a new cord and was sent a new cord new spring and new brass lock all for free can't ask for better customer service then that.