Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
buying new bow soon.. need input >

buying new bow soon.. need input

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

buying new bow soon.. need input

Old 11-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default buying new bow soon.. need input

hey guys..

with my new job starting in january i will have a little extra money to spoil myself. so its time for a new bow.. just sold my trykon xl.. nothing wrong with it but with moving i needed the extra cash for emergency money. so ive been doing my look around the bow shops and internet and i really have my eyes set on the new z7 mathews.. have any of you shot it?? how do you like it.. i will of course go shoot it but the nearest bow shop that carries 1 is an hour away so i want some feedback before i waste the gas.. also im looking at the g5 optimx 3 pin with the floating 4th.. has any1 used this sight.. i really love the floating pin idea.. please reply with some input on these 2 products.. thanks a million
Old 11-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Spike

look at diamond iceman awesome bow! light fast
Old 11-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech admiral------best money I ever spent
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am also buying a new bow this yr.
So went to the proshop and shot a few? I shot the hoyt alphamax-32 , Bowtech admiral-sweet bow!

Then i shot the bowtech captain! Wow what a shooter! I went with the captain.

Everyone is different? So with that sead my best advice is to forget the name and go shoot as many as you can and make your own decision. There all great bows!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Spike

I shot, and shot, and shot, and shot just about every bow I could get my hands on and fell in love wth an 07 Guardian and bought it and havnt regretted it one, decent speed quiet smooth no hand shock smooth draw
Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

All other bows want to be a Mathews when they grow up.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by xboweagle
look at diamond iceman awesome bow! light fast
X2. I shot the Admiral and liked the Iceman better, but that is a personal preference.

I believe any of the current bows over $400, regardless of brand, are good bows, you just have to shoot them and see which one you like (or vice versa).
Old 12-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

It depends on your budget.. I love the Diamond iceman.. Bowtech general and Bowtech Admiral are both great bows.. Also if you want to wait a few weeks try out that new Bowtech Destroyer the reviews are off the carts!! But when it comes down to it you should go shoot as many bows as you can get your hands and decide what bow fits you the best.. That is the bow that you will be the most comfortable with and probably be the most productive for you..
Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do yourself a favor and make sure you shoot a Bowtech Destroyer..

Make sure you try a Bowtech Destroyer before making your final choice,, thats all Im going to say....
Old 12-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can ask this question 1000 times and get 1000 different answers, goto your local pro shop and handle all the bows within your price range.

I'm a Mathews shooter, and just got the Z7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.