Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Your opinions on the bowtech captain. >

Your opinions on the bowtech captain.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Your opinions on the bowtech captain.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Spike

Default Your opinions on the bowtech captain.

Do any of you shoot a bowtech captain? Is there anything bad about the bow? Pro's and con's please. I'm thinking about purchasing one shortly.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only real "con" for me was the weird sight window- it angles downward pretty radically at the top, and since I have a low anchor and use a higher peep setting becauseof my phiscal build, it no workie for me at all-I need all the sight window I can get. I ended up with an Admiral because of that.

It's also pretty heavy for mass weight.

The bow is super quiet and absolutely no recoil or vibe. Really fun to shoot. The draw is strictly personal taste- I think the previous BowTech binaries barring the 82nd (IOW-guardian, general, commander, allegiance, tribute, etc) draw nicer than the 09 rotating mod version.