Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
how to layer with scentblocker? >

how to layer with scentblocker?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

how to layer with scentblocker?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default how to layer with scentblocker?

i have the scentblocker freak nasty suit, and i was wondering how to layer underneath of it to stay dry and warm. i use thermacare heat wraps. any ideas??
Old 11-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Spike

Hunting apparel has come a long way in the 16 years since I started bowhunting. I can still remember heading out into the freezing cold northern Illinois winter for some late season hunts with my dad wearing his hand-me-down Trebark apparel that was little more than a cotton pair of pants and zip-up jacket. Underneath was my standard-issue cotton long johns, some wool socks, and my Sorel boots with removable wool/felt liner. A pair of brown jersey gloves tucked into my pockets did little more than prevent me from getting frostbite and to be honest, I have no idea how I ever sat still in those miserable conditions!

Now more than two decades later we have more hunting apparel to choose from than most of us can sort through in our buying decisions. One of the most popular lines of hunting-specific apparel over the past several years has been ScentBlocker from Robinson Outdoors. I'll admit that I first took notice of the Scent Blocker clothing when I saw them on the Drury Outdoors DVDs and subsequent TV show. Since then, Scent Blocker has been worn by many hunting "celebrities" including the immensely popular Michael Waddell of Realtree Roadtrips fame. With his new show "Bone Collector" coming out this season, Robinson Outdoors has released a full line of Bone Collector ScentBlocker apparel. This gear was designed with the input of Waddell as well as his two co-hosts, Nick Mundt (who my wife think is "hot" by the way) and Travis "T-Bone" Turner. These guys hunt hard and designed this apparel to meet their needs, which can be easily seen in the way this apparel is put together.