Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 DAP, for 3-D target repair >

DAP, for 3-D target repair

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DAP, for 3-D target repair

Old 05-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default DAP, for 3-D target repair

Here recently, a new archery club has begun to take shape near me. We have nearly 20 targets, but they were all 5 years old, and been out side all 5 years. Many of them were in bad shape, but a couple of the guys patched them up using a product called DAP. It comes in caulk tubes and in brown, white, black colors. I was sqeptical at first as to how well this would work as a patch for 3-D targets, but after shooting the last 3 weeks, I had to tell everyone else, that if you have some 3-D targets that are about shot out, this stuiff works great to patch them up. I even bought some myself to patch my turkey target up, as my arrows were going all the way through it at times. Bought some black DAP, and now my turkey is ready for some more punishment. So, now I can afford to buy a new target, instead of replacing my turkey. This stuff can be found at a local hardware store.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DAP, for 3-D target repair

Howler,
DAP makes many different products, do you know the exact one that you used? Sounds like a great idea to me, can' t wait to try it out!
Trebark
Old 05-31-2003, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

TREBARK, I used the dynaflex 230. It works great, but I found on the really big holes, where it takes a tube or more to fill, that it' s best to fill the hole a little at a time, it takes for ever for it to set up if you put it on too thick in one spot all at once..
Old 05-31-2003, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, Howler, I' ll give it a try.
Trebark
Old 06-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

How much does the stuff cost?
Old 06-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

I will have to try the DAP . What my buddy and I use is the foam insulation in the can. The minimal expanding formula works the best. We just fill up the shot out section and give it a few days to completely dry. Then shave off the excess until you have it back to form. We spray it brown and you are good to go for quite a while. We have been doing it on the same McKenzies for years. I also just got a Morrell Bionic Buck and am really impressed with it. I will try the DAP next time and compare it to the foam we use. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:07 AM

Proff,

I just got a Morrell Bionic buck, myself. You can' t beat the arrow removal and repair is supposedly very simple. I' m equally impressed.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

Straightarrow,
You are correct about arrow removal. Man I couldn' t believe it. When they advertized 2 finger arrow removal I thought that maybe they were exaggerating a bit, but they sure were telling the truth. I was used to practicaly tearing muscles trying to get out the arrows of a new McKenzie. I still think the McKenzies are good targets, but I am now a Bionic Buck shooter until I find one better. I bought an extra replacement cover for mine so I will see how easy it is to repair when the time comes. But I have been shooting this thing alot the past few months and it is holding up great, so it is probably gonna be a while till the new cover is needed. I am sold on it. Have fun with yours Straightarrow.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Foam in a can works good for patching 3D targets too.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Just tryed a product called " Great Stuff" It was in Loews in the insulation isle. Its like a foam in a can. It worked awesome. Try it out.

Quick Reply: DAP, for 3-D target repair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.