Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Mathews Bows

Old 10-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Mathews Bows

I had a authorized Mathews dealer tell me that the new bows come out Nov2. Is that true?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews sent out the TXT's just this morning to everyone. The new 2010 Mathews are online NOW. Go check 'em out.

Their flagship this season is they new Mathews Z7, they also added another Monster to the line.... with a longer brace. They look great!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Z7 looks sweet, can't wait to shoot it
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered a Z7 this morning. Now to steel my nerves so I can perhaps stand the wait for a lefty!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shot the Z7 today... may be buying that one after this season... SWEET bow...
first one that has caught my attention since Switchback XT.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need Z7 grip width measurement

I havn't got out to see the Z7 yet but I may be interested if the Slim Grip is comfortable. I really like the Bowtech style grips and never would buy a Mathews because of the fat grip. Even after changing it out to a Torqueless they still don't feel that great to me.

If anyone has access to a Z7, could you take a measurement for me? I would like to know the width of the grip at it's thinnest point near the top of the grip, just under the shelf. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being a long time Mathews fan I did a little more shooting with the Z7 and the Hoyt Maxxis and never thought I would change but after shooting 15 arrows thru both bows I made up my mind to get the Maxxis.Both bows were set at 65lbs and I shot FMJ's cut at 29 so every thing was the same.
I shot 3 arrows thru the Z7 then The Maxxis and repeated this 5 times alternating between bows,they are both awsome bows but what it came down to was the Z7 felt a little heavy up top(not as well balanced as the Maxxis IMO) and a tad louder on the shots,both bows only had a WB rest on them and the Maxxis had nothing on the string were the Z7 had the monkey tails on it......
It almost came down to a coin toss to see witch one to buy..
As they say..Sometimes chang is a good thing...........we will see wont I.