Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
best climber for big guys >

best climber for big guys

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

best climber for big guys

Old 10-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default best climber for big guys

IM a big guy 6'4" 290.... been using an olman grand vision climber tree stand for 10 years ... somebody liked it more than i damn thieves....Picked up a summit goliath from bps.. havent even got it out of the box ..... any suggestions or problems i should know about ???
Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm bigger than you 6'5", 320 lbs, and I love my Summit Titan. Very comfortable, and plenty of room. Only downside is that I wish the platform was longer. My feet still hang off of the edge. I might breakdown and buy a foot rest for it.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I missed the part about you picking up the Goliath. It is a little smaller than the Titan, but with the same weight capacity. What I said in the previous post about feet hanging off would probably go for it.

I would also invest in some no slip strips or a pad for the lower platform. I slipped a little the other day when my feet were wet. I'll be buying something to keep that from happening again.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 6'10" approximately 325 lbs and I use a Goliath. I bought mine 4 years, before the Titan was out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Goliath. I'm climbed in it 100s of times, without issue. I would get a Titan if you can afford it, the extra couple inches of platform length would be nice to have. For big guys, there is no finer stand. Safe, comfortable, silent, excellent stand.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Spike

Ditto from me on Goliath. Bought when I was 50-60#'s heavier than today (230 now) but still love the stand. No issues in 6-8 years of use..
Old 10-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for Summit Goliath and they also have excellent customer service
Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

I am a big guy also I use a summit goliath it's the best stand I have ever been in the only downfall to the stand is once I get in it I can't seem to stay awake I took a four hour nap in mine yesterday woke up to a friend wondering if I was ok and wanted to know if I got a shot at the seven pointer that walked in near me. Of course my answer was what seven I was sleeping I didnt see anything.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

6' 2" 250lbs. I use the Summit 180 Max. Not too heavy but a lot of room.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Well I got all you big guys beat I'm 6'2" and 360lbs and have yet to find a climber that is rated for me,seems that just because your a big fat fatty you must just lay around and eat all day! I may be fat but I love to hunt/fish/and play golf alot of outdoor activities and can never find clothing or equipment to fit me!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

6'3", 340+, love my Summit Goliath. Excellent customer service to boot.

Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.