Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Climbing Stand Question? >

Climbing Stand Question?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbing Stand Question?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NC hunter
Had the same problem 3-4 years ago.
Bought an equalizer, problem solved!
And its solid as a rock once you tighten down the side straps.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

that is freakin awesome. wish I would have seen that about 6 months ago, before I bought this one (which has become a fixed stand with a ladder next to it).
Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What if tree stands weren't absolutely perfect

Unfortunately, we seem to be getting shortcuts from experience and expecting it more.

All tree stands at one time, if not advertised, required some judgment from the hunter climbing the tree. A hunter was expected to eyeball a tree, and notice how it tapered into less width, as it ascended.
And that took experience and practice. Can you believe hunters were expected to judge the width of the tree at the various heights to be climbed?

The problem for some is the width of the climbing stand is constant and the tree, many times, is not. Why a hunter was to eyeball how much angle he had from the tree to the stand, at the beginning of the climb. And a number of times it was greater than a 45 degree angle.

For some, asking for a little mathematics computation, is asking a lot.

Hunting is suppose to be simple. Well when did the advertisers say otherwise.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Spike

I usually angle mine about 45 deg at the base of the tree and she sits about level at 20 ft up
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NC hunter
Great Stand. Sideways (post #11) only bought his because I had one and he wanted to be kewl like me , but unless he sold his bow and bought a Bowtech he's still falling short.

Okay, fun aside, this is a very nice stand that allows you to level your platform as you climb. I still start out at a slight angle just to minimize the leveling, but I have never run into a situation where I could not get level. It's a comfortable stand too...If you get a sling type seat to go with it. This is the only stand that I can sit all day in and not be uncomfortable.
Highly recommended.

Last edited by NavyDeerHunter; 10-22-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Spike

Default climbing treestands

To bad you can't find an Amacker climbing stand, the Bowhunting version. I have one and it does just what you are talking about. It has pins on both sections of the climber. As you climb you pull the pins and the straps have tension on them to adjust as you climb and release when you level out. To bad they went out of business. Good stand.