Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
nap nightmare or hellrazors >

nap nightmare or hellrazors

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

nap nightmare or hellrazors

Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default nap nightmare or hellrazors

im wanting to try one of these broadheads this year and cant decide which one i was wondering if anyone out there had tried one or both and could give some advice thanx
Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

i used hellrazors last year.. awesome head... blew threw a doe so fast she didnt know wat happened.. like a knife threw butter.. also shot a buck 2 weeks later at 20 yards and blew threw both shoulders... not just 1 but BOTH.. with complete passthrough.. i use a hoyt trykon xl at 70lbs
Old 10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Spike

honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either head. Up until this season I was using Hellrazors, now using Bloodrunners. Slithered thru my NY buck that he had no clue what happened to him and was in awe and motionless and didn't go more than 15 yds & very slow till he tipped over from the blood loss. The doe he was with stood yds from him and kept staring at him like whats wrong.
Now my old coworker is shooting the Nightmares and just shot a proghorn in Wyoming and another just in Colorado. His are shooting dots at 60yds. Now I don't shoot that far, I only have 1 pin for 25yds but I have yet to shoot over 18yds max so far.
I'm more impressed with the Bloodrunners and their flight and accuracy that I am using them.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

I like them. I have NOT shot the "real" ones just the practice blades.

I have a pack of each in 125 if you are interested in them.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm trying the Nightmare this year. I'll let you know when I shoot a deer with it.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

both are excellent heads. I killed a couple of deer last year with the hellrazors and have some nightmares in the quiver now. I missed a coyote opening day with one, my fault just rushed the shot. I have a lot of confidence in the nightmares though.