Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Extreme Sight "EXTREMELY CHINCY" >

Extreme Sight "EXTREMELY CHINCY"

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Extreme Sight "EXTREMELY CHINCY"

Old 09-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Extreme Sight "EXTREMELY CHINCY"

I have the extreme sights I believe they are the 1100 and it is a piece of S H I A T, adjustment on it is so rough it makes me want to slap myself for not asking questions before buying it. Is it just my sights or are they all junk?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

I've read many people complain about them but never owed on myself, do i doubt your an isolated indecent.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have Extreme sights on both my bows, never noticed any problems adjusting them. Then again, never had to adjust them once the were sighted in either.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
bigcountry

I love the extreme sites. I have owned two of the RT900's. I generally site mine and don't screw with em. I know people gets micro adjust and all. I just got the bone collector from extreme. And I like the larger bell but don't like the adjusments either.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

The bone collector is the one I have
Old 09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is this it?

I like mine, but if you look closely in the pic, it looks like my pins are staggered. I doesnt bother me though. I have also had to retighten everything alot more often than some of my past sights. Seems to be locked down good now.
Attached Thumbnails Extreme Sight "EXTREMELY CHINCY"-sight.jpg  
Old 09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are less expensive for a reason. If you want one that's easy to use pay a lot more. If on the other hand your able to adjust a little piece of metal with a little effort and you mind getting taken to the cleaners for the ridiculously more expensive sites like Spot Hog, Extremes are a good choice.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only problem I have ever seen with Extreme sights is that the tubing that they use for the fibers is too stiff. It needs to be more flexible. This is what causes the sight to be difficult to adjust.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Spike

Me being a guy that lives here in Ashland Ky home of Extreme sights, i have seen them being made, i own a set of the st900's and i have had no problems out of them, its really hard to find good sights that dont move with every little touch but some people have there own opinion
Old 09-26-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to put longer mounting screws in mine for the vertical adjustment. If they are going to tap aluminum, it would be wise to use the full lenth of the threads for additional strength. I also had one fiber break. I really like the sight but it could be improved. I have had this sight for 3 seasons now. Optically the pins are some of the brightest I have seen for low light conditions.