Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The reign broadheads

Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default The reign broadheads

I was watchin tv earlier today and i saw a commercial for the reign broadheads. The blades are supposed to be designed to pivot around bones to get better penetration. but if the blades pivot then how would you keep them from movin when you shoot. I was just wonderin if any of you have used these or what yall think bout the design of the broadheads. Just wanna know how other people feel about them.
if you dont know what im talkin bout heres the link http://ephunting.com/products.html
Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

great concept. i do wish people would get over barrel testing tho....it is the most inconsequential test. its like the ginsu knife cutting through cinder block and stayin sharp. my damned good knives will never encounter cinderblock, and will always perform better than the ginsu for what i use them for lol
Old 08-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Typical Buck

I don't much care for the barrel testing either BUT it is a legit test. The medium is consistent. It's not saying that if you shoot a deer the head will perform like this. It's comparing how each head will stand up to a specific medium. Shooting into plywood is a closer representation but doesn't get the wow factor like a steel drum will.

I've looked at the Reigns and watched the vids. Methinks I'll stick with something else. but to each their own.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

The Reigns are like the Rocky Mt. Gators and those were awesome. If the Reign prefrom like the Gators, sign me up!

Here are the Gators!!

http://www.rockymtbroadheads.com/broadhead_gator.html

Last edited by camelcluch; 08-21-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cartman308
I don't much care for the barrel testing either BUT it is a legit test. The medium is consistent. It's not saying that if you shoot a deer the head will perform like this. It's comparing how each head will stand up to a specific medium. Shooting into plywood is a closer representation but doesn't get the wow factor like a steel drum will.

I've looked at the Reigns and watched the vids. Methinks I'll stick with something else. but to each their own.
pretty much. i think that they should stick with the torso testing. its a good one. i really liked the ballistic gel/carcass test. slightly more accurate, although bone is very different in texture and consistancy after blood flow stops