Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

peep sights

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default peep sights

ok,

I have been shooting for more than 2 years now and after training a lot I don't see any more improvement on my grouping.
So I'm going to try and get the improvement by trying out some new gear.
I have a big holed peep and find that I have different views in and outdoors due to light conditions. Indoors I have a more visible ring of light centering the peep into the ring of my sight.
I've been looking at this peepsight that might change the whole thing. I am looking to hear your opinions about it;
http://fopsight.com/page3.html
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Spike

did you ever think about trying a "timberline no-peep''? my wife is having some similar issues and we are going to try it out. it's supposed to help minimize bow torque and improve form without having to look through a peep. if you think you want to try this product, you can find them on cabelas website and ebay for around $45. good luck.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default No peep

I looked at the no peep and found several issues, one of them being sun and glare making it difficult to see the rings.

thx anyway,

Frank
Old 08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you could take a look at the Specialty line of peep sights. There are a couple versions, each using threaded inserts of different sizes. You could get a 3D set that includes all the inserts from 1/16" up to 3/16, I believe. As I said, there are a couple different models. This would allow you to just change the insert when going from insdie to outside.

The only thing I see about the peep you are looking at is that those cross hairs would just seem to block out available light and I don't know that having the peep so close to the eye would make those crosshairs all that visible anyway.

Of course, I could be wrong about it. Your eyes would certainly be younger than mine so may work well for you. You never know till you try.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

They might be worth a try.One problem I can see is they might add some confusion to the sight picture.I would suggest trying a smaller conventional peep first.Nothing more than 3/16".That's what I'm using now but am considering going to the 5/32".Mine-
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...con&hasJS=true