Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new string

Old 08-16-2009, 03:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default new string

Ok, I've been to the bowshop to get my pundage up.
My 60# 82nd airborne was cranked all the way up and it read 55 on the scales. So then the owner starts twisting my string and after that it gave 58#. Now I think twisting the cables to adjust the drawlength a little bit is fine but twisting them so much to ad poundage isn't good. I all so think my DL is still a little bit too long and I don't want to change Dloop length or the release.
Can I change the backstop or should I buy new strings and cables and change the factory ones that I've been shooting for more than 1 year now ?

And where do I get a good string and cables for a bowtech in some nice coloring ?

Frank
Belgium
Old 08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Add poundage or recover it, that's the question. Stretched out strings can lead to a reduction in limb deflection.

I get my replacement strings (Vapor Trails) from www.meanvarchery.com
Old 08-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Just looked through the meanvarchery site and didn't see strings.....
I found them....sorry!

Last edited by ostdc; 08-16-2009 at 02:25 PM.