Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
I bought a climber and need some advice. >

I bought a climber and need some advice.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I bought a climber and need some advice.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Spike

Default I bought a climber and need some advice.

I have not been higher than 10' because I'm just getting use to it and I want to have a rope for support all the way up and down the tree.
I have a Hunters Safety System vest but that only seems to work once your in the tree at the height you want to be.
Could I tie a rope to my vest and then around the tree and move it up and down and what kind of knot would I use for that?
I bought my Safety vest 6 years ago and did not get the style that a lineman's belt would hook to.Thanks for any help.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Spike

Integrated Safety sells the 20' Fall Guy Retractor.

http://integratedsafety.us/store/ind...cef08182984b3a
Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I just purchased a Hunter Safety System Life-Line. Once you get up in the tree, attach it to the tree and hook your vest line onto the life-line, leave it hooked up for as long as you re in the tree and when you go down the tree you are always hooked up.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

In your other post I referred you to Summit's video. This should spell out everything for you. I've found one of the best and safest ways to climb with a safety harness on is to use the Prusic knot incorporated with the Summit system. This rope can certainly be used with almost any harness you desire to use. In fact, with a little know how you could even buy the rope and make your own for just a few dollars.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I use that very rope, that came with my Summit Viper, with my HSS vest. Just wrap it around the tree, hook into the prussic knot and move it up as you go. I know some use the lineman's setup going up and down, but I've always found it to be more irritating hooking it up, then unhooking and hooking into the rope once I'm ready to sit. I just loosen the rope, move it up above my head, tighten it and then climb up to it. Just do it the opposite way going down and it works fine.