Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Braxe Broadhead

Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Sometimes when you are in your stand you start thinking why? I have taken a lot of deer, moose, carabou, turkey, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, you get the picture. Well I will speak of only 3 deer shot through the ribs, lungs heart, that area. All shot with the same bow and same bh. First one: arrow went through stuck in the ground deer did not move, I really mean he did not move. Fell over like a 3d target, legs stretched out, finally went limp after a minute or so. Next one: through and stuck in ground, deer jumped 180 degrees and walked over to the arrow and smelled it, keep feeding until dead. Third: through stuck in ground, took off like her feet were on fire. Slid five or so yds dead on the run 200 or more yds from where I shot her. No two deer react the same, close but not the same. I have had some that Stevie Wonder could follow the blood trail and others a drop here and there, why, don't know. Just keep shooting and praticing, get someone that knows about tuning, and have some help in getting your bow tuned for bh's you will have more speed, and your bhs and field pts will hit the same.
Best of Luck to you!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Spike

Ten4. I do practice all the time because I want to get good at it and because I absolutely have fallen in love with shooting the bow and bow hunting. It seems that when i shoot at the target I can shot a very good group at 25 yds and in and at 30yds i get little bit messier but still hitting kill shots. 40 and 50 Im still working on but i can hit the vital area according to my target that is. I dont know why i pull to the right everytime I shoot a deer but i guess I will figure it out sooner or later. Yall be safe and good luck
Old 11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like its designed for turkey hunting
Old 11-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Spike

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Spitfire XP. Crazy bloody exit wounds.

With the shot placed right, recovery is a cinch.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Spike

I just seen a 400# bear dropped on the spot with this broadhead.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

My first thought looking at this head is that it would be an excelletn turkey head. Looks as though it would do a lot of ripping and tearing along the way. Over the years I've used a lot of different heads but I've settled on two - Magnus Stinger 4 blade (regular or buzzcut) and Slick Trick Razortricks. I have no flight problems with either of these heads and both kill quickly with proper shot placement. The last 4 deer shot with these went less than 100 yds.