Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Breed Archery.....

Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"
Default New Breed Archery.....

Anyone seem em yet?

Not too bad of a bow line. I have had my NBA Genetix for about a month now, I am liking it a whole lot.
Smooth shooter. Draw is smooth like a Z28 but with a better transistion and more of a valley. Holds very well.

Here is a lil review on mine-

Outta the box it came and upon first grab, I noticed how light it felt...NICE, not heavy at all. Off with the bubble wrap and a quick snip of the warranty card from the cables and I was feeling and fondling it all over...Nice smooth lines, the black anodized finish looks pretty durable and the strings were way better than pictures posted online.

I really like the color combo up close the purple seemed to be darker and in fact have changed my mind on going with other colors.
The limb decals in my opinion, are some of the sharpest looking I have ever seen on a bow...I thought the first versions were nice but, man these look great on the Next Vista camo limbs.

There are some tiny air bubbles forming small white spots in the camo on a few places, nothing too serious and I have actually reviewed 3 other bow companies in the past that had the same issues with the slight imperfections in the hydro-print process... The pattern is actually a lot nice than in the pics as well. Kind of like APG or Hardwoods but a lil more brown and tan colored or "Woodsy" for lack of better term.
Now, it was off to my "toy room" for the initial set-up; Hostage arrow rest, short stabilizer just to really hold my wrist sling in place and a Dloop. This combo I have used in all of my bows when first taken outta the box just to get a feel for the rig, compare the draw curve, and see some "out of the box" speeds.
On the first shot of a 350 grain GoldTip fletched arrow, I thought WOW..that seemed too light in the draw to be 70 pounds".looking thru the chrony I hit 310 FPS..Nice and that is at 28.5" draw.
The draw curve is one of the smoothest I have shot for a speed bow. NO JOKE, I could not believe how nice the curve felt. No bumps, not a real hump. It rates better for me than my "Crackerized" Tribute with smooth mods and shot 5 FPS faster outta the box. OK, OK maybe a fluke in the speed reading I was thinking so, I slung a few more arrows"..310, 310, 309, 310, 310.
Back up stairs to get my scale out and really see what the bow is drawing at. I loaded up my dumbbells on my neighbors postal scale and made sure all my weights were exact as my two spring scales are usually a lil off and I want to calibrate to the exact poundage and the Genetix came in right at 70 pounds on the dot for draw weight. I grabbed my 70.5 lbs. Cardiac just to double measure and I still could not believe how smooth the draw was compared to even my Cardiac.
Once I got the G5 peep installed I threw on a BowJax Cable Dampener and went back to the chrony while I still had daylight; 307 FPS (6X) and 308 FPS (twice) thru the chrony.....I am happy. No special tuning, outta the box with a peep and loop, not bad at all.
In comparision to other bows I owned-
My 82nd Airborne at 71 pounds and the exact arrow and rest shot 326 FPS.
My 07 Crackerized Tribute @ 71.4 shot 302 with smooth and 310 FPS with speed mods.
My 07 Synergy @ 70.5 shot 307 FPS outta the box.
I believe this bow feels just as good as my Tribute, which to me was one of Bowtech's best model yet smoother in the draw and only a few more inches axle to axle.
The bow seems to balance in the hands great. I have not put a longer stabilizer on it and when I added the Posten QD on it near the riser it seems to hold perfectly for me at full draw and release.
I am liking it and just might have found the bow to put the Cardiac outta business this year.

Since my writeup, I have added some wood grips, custom Posten Stablilizer, RipCord rest, added a New Breed decal to my magnetized Treelimb quiver......She is shooting as good as she is looking !!!!

http://www.newbreedarchery.com/

Worth a look, they are pretty nice bows, I am glad I went for it reguardless of being a small or new company.

Last edited by mdewitt71; 07-13-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice bow indeed!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nice!

Nice bow and review, Mike. Good to see you on this site too.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JOE PA
Nice bow and review, Mike. Good to see you on this site too.

thanks Joe.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

nice bow !
Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fishinty
nice bow !
Thanks, I am liking it more and more each day.
Smooth and accurate shooter...can't seem to keep my nocks and arrows to stay apart.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Here are some more pics of my Genetix and a some other owners...

33.5" ATA and 7" Brace make this bow a great all around hunting rig....I am really liking it and shoots well for me.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish they had a list of dealers on their website. I would love to shoot one but i dont know of any dealers that carry them. Nice bow btw!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Spike

Default NB

I got to shoot the the genetix and the nemesis this last weekend. Both were excellent bows. I hope to have one of my own real soon.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
I wish they had a list of dealers on their website. I would love to shoot one but i dont know of any dealers that carry them. Nice bow btw!

There is a dealer locator on there.

http://www.newbreedarchery.com/dealers/locator.htm

Last edited by cptleo1; 07-27-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: New Breed Archery.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.