Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Rest?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Default New Rest?

I don't post on the archery part of this sight a whole lot, but I was wondering who makes a good arrow rest? I'm looking to upgrade.

I just looked today and found the whisker biscuit on d ick's sporting goods. I like that style rest, but I don't know a whole lot about "whisker biscuit" or what else is out there.

any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Rest?

i am currently shooting a Limb Driver Vapor Trail and love it. this rest is a drop away but not a full containment like the biscuit. the buscuit is probably the simplist and easiest rest to use. it is arguably the best "hunter friendly" rest out there due to it's fool proof operation.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

as stated above the biscuit is probably one of the best hunting rests available. Simple, rugged......but there are MUCH better solutions if you want max performance outta your bow.

Like it or not the biscuit WILL slow your arrow down. may only be a couple FPS but I want those FPS.

If you want a full containment type rest look into the QAD line of drop aways. From what i've read you want to stay away from the hunter model....cheapest model and stick with the LD (lockdown) or HD (lockdown with dampeners) models. They are more pricey but have better features (the launcher will not bounce back up when it drops away when fired as it will with the hunter model and some other brands of dropways). I'm having one of the QADs installed next month.

If you con't care about containment. then quality rests are endless. You'll get a differnt opinion from almost every poster.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM

I could use a rest with containment. I see what you are saying about how the whisker biscuit would slow down your arrow.

But what about the octane hostage pro? Has anyone used that rest?

It looks like it's a pretty good rest to me.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hostage pro is a better choice in my opinion than the whisker biscuit, I prefer to have a rest that won't contact my fletchings. From what I hear you would still have to be careful because the arrow could get knocked between the brushes on the hostage, something to keep in mind while hunting but still a better option than having the fletchings contact the biscuit. I switched from a biscuit to the QAD HD,I only gained 3 fps but my group size shrank. This is an awesome rest, I really like mine. The biscuit tore up fletching unless I use Blazers. I switched from blazers and went with 3" Quickspins, I think the larger fletchings stabilize broadheads better.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:11 PM

I got a vital bow gear rest on my x-force nd they are sweet

Old 05-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I love my Vital Gear Kazaway. Full containment and drop away. the limb drivers are great, and the only True 100% clearance drop away, but i am shooting deer not x's lol
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Spike

Limbdriver is easy to set up and no worries about fletching contactbut not full containtment. To me the best out there. If full containment without contact is what you want take a look at tri-van vanishing rest at Mid Atlantic Archery. Looks like a hostage but the brushes disappear when you shoot. Kind of like a cross between a hostage and a drop away.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Spike

vital bow gear kaz away .... get that u wont be dissapointed
Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

vital gear kazaway or vapor trail limb driver

Quick Reply: New Rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.