Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 suggestions for a new sight?? >

suggestions for a new sight??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

suggestions for a new sight??

Old 05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: suggestions for a new sight??

Have you thought about trying a single pin adjustable sight? The Admiral is a pretty quick shooter.......like most new bows so haveing thousands of pins (overstatement of course) isn't really needed. I have mine marked for yardage out to 60 yards but would never shoot at an animal that far out.......well I don't plan on it..... When i'm hunting i set mine at 25yards and determine the shooting lanes I have then if a deer walks into them i just point and shoot. Not thinking about what pin i need to use. Vertical pin took me a couple days to adjust to, but i love it now.......a single vertical pin. not multiple ones like some of the trophy ridge sights.

If you do alot of 3d shooting then they put you in a tougher class but I don't do it for the competition anyway.

Just throwing out another idea.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

the idea of only having one pin kinda scares me, i like knowing exactly where to aim... i dont think i would trust myself enough to use a one pin sight.. how do you knw where to aim if a deer offers a shot at 40 when youre set for 25?? im just curious cause ive never used that kind of sight
Old 05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

+1 for trophy ridge......got one and love it
Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: piketon_hunter#9

the idea of only having one pin kinda scares me, i like knowing exactly where to aim... i dont think i would trust myself enough to use a one pin sight.. how do you knw where to aim if a deer offers a shot at 40 when youre set for 25?? im just curious cause ive never used that kind of sight
If a deer offers me a 40yard shot i'm probablly not taking it. Most shots from my stands will be 30 or less. The difference between 20 and 30 is not that great. BUT practice is the key here. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. I do shoot at 40 with my pin set at 25 alot, especially on 3d ranges. You just hold a bit higher than normal. The yardage is also easily adjusted. You could leave the lock loose and slide to whatever yardage you desire.....totally silent and very easy.

When most people switch to a single pin slider that fall in love with them and won't go back to a multi pin setup. If you don't wanna plunk down 120+ for an HHA, then you cound find a Cobra King cobra for around 70ish. Same concept as the HHA but i think the HHAs are built alot better. VitalBowGear makes a few sliders also but they are simiar prices to the HHAs and i don't think they are built as well. You could also look in online classifieds for better prices. I found mine on and achery sites classified.

I was leary at first but with the speed most bows are shooting today, the pinguards get really busy with multi pin sights. A single pin set at 25 or 30 will do the majority of whitetail hunters.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 PM

I got a vital bow gear sight on my x-force and i love it. the pins are super bright and they stay bright untill dark to for those who sit a little late.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Spike

the limbsaver sight is a great sight i just got one for my new bow this year and i think it is the bomb for the money you can't beat it its tough as nails and bright
Old 05-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

i am very curious about the new octane sights! i shoot a viper pro right now...its sick, i love it, but i really am diggin the design on the octane target model. any full spec sheets out yet?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 AM

Try the Axcel Armourtech HD. It is a new sght. It appears a bit pricy, but the fiber optics are fully contained inside the metal of the pins. I shot a bow with them on it. They appeared to be a sight that would be very durable.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

I also have the Hoggit Hunter on my 09' 82nd Airborne. Its the best I have ever shot.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you taken a look at any of the Sword sights? They make a great sight, bright pins, and rugged with some awesome features for a nice price. Check them out.

Quick Reply: suggestions for a new sight??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.