HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - suggestions for a new sight??
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 PM
cartman308
Typical Buck

Default RE: suggestions for a new sight??

ORIGINAL: piketon_hunter#9

the idea of only having one pin kinda scares me, i like knowing exactly where to aim... i dont think i would trust myself enough to use a one pin sight.. how do you knw where to aim if a deer offers a shot at 40 when youre set for 25?? im just curious cause ive never used that kind of sight
If a deer offers me a 40yard shot i'm probablly not taking it. Most shots from my stands will be 30 or less. The difference between 20 and 30 is not that great. BUT practice is the key here. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. I do shoot at 40 with my pin set at 25 alot, especially on 3d ranges. You just hold a bit higher than normal. The yardage is also easily adjusted. You could leave the lock loose and slide to whatever yardage you desire.....totally silent and very easy.

When most people switch to a single pin slider that fall in love with them and won't go back to a multi pin setup. If you don't wanna plunk down 120+ for an HHA, then you cound find a Cobra King cobra for around 70ish. Same concept as the HHA but i think the HHAs are built alot better. VitalBowGear makes a few sliders also but they are simiar prices to the HHAs and i don't think they are built as well. You could also look in online classifieds for better prices. I found mine on and achery sites classified.

I was leary at first but with the speed most bows are shooting today, the pinguards get really busy with multi pin sights. A single pin set at 25 or 30 will do the majority of whitetail hunters.