Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Morrel Bionic Buck. Great product! >

Morrel Bionic Buck. Great product!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Morrel Bionic Buck. Great product!

Old 05-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Morrel Bionic Buck. Great product!

Who else out there uses the Bionic Buck. I just bought one last week at the Cabela' s Dundee Mich store. What a great target. I have two McKenzies and have always liked them. But I have read so much about the Bionic Buck outlasting the foam targets several times over, and it is always rated #1 in Bowhuntingworld and Peterson' s, that I decided to give it a try. Glad I did. Talk about easy arrow removal. When they advertise 2 finger removal they aren' t kidding. It sure seems like it will last alot longer. and I like the fact that instead of having to shell out $60-$70 for a replacementmid section, the Bionic buck takes a $10.00 replacement cover. My buddies and I did extend the life of the McKenzies by filling the shot out section with foam insulation in a can. But that doesn' t last real long and looks pretty cheesy. I am anxious to see how long this will last, but so far it seems really durable. I am impressed with it. Anybody out there have a testimonial on the Bionic Buck?
Old 05-02-2003, 07:35 AM

Default RE: Morrel Bionic Buck. Great product!

The BB will be my next target puchase. I' ve been trying to wear out my first Morrell bag target and am finding out that it is next to impossible. I don' t know what kind of material is in those things, but it is indestructible. I just keep wrapping it in horse feed bags and duct tape.

Since the center of the BB is made exactly like their bag targets, it should be the best of both worlds. I can' t wait to get my hands on one.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Just a guess here, but you can' t use broadheads in the target can you? I' ve only seen them in catalogs and it appears a broadhead would cut up the burlap cover...unless its not burlap.[&:] Just curious.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

rcd567 you are correct about the burlap. I don' t think that shooting a broadhead would be good on this target. I shoot mechanicals so I don' t have to practice alot with broadheads. just s few shots with a practice one to be sure . I will use the old McKenzies for that. So I guess that is one drawback with the Bionic Buck. But for just shooting field points it is the ticket.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is I can' t find them around here. Who sells them?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

DaveH I got mine at the Cabelas store close to me. You can order them from Cabelas, Basspro etc. Eders has them on their website. I was glad to be able to got get mine at the store. Saved me $25.00 shipping because you have to add extra to shipping costs because it is oversized. I would go to Morrell' s website and call the or e-mail them and find a dealer that may be close to you.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I' m shooting one too......birthday present from the wife. (not sure where she got the idea? )
Great target........wish I would have gotten one sooner. Cranking on stuck carbon arrows in a McKenzie target at 75-85 ft lbs of KE was just plain getting old![X(]
I have beat up on mine for a few hundred shots now in a small area and it still looks great, only a few inches of penetration and 2 FINGER ARROW PULLING!!!! Yipppeeeee!
For backyard practice I won' t own another target (might have to buy 2 because as soon as I like something it gets discontinued!)
* I' m also a mechanical broadhead shooter so the Bionic Buck' s construction is of no concern......I have a small " Block" target or a McKenzie to zip a few broadheads into when the time comes.
Big fat thumbs up here.[:-]
Old 05-06-2003, 05:55 PM

For the past year or two I have seriously considered buying the BB but have been hesitant for some reason or another. After reading what has been said so far, I will probably purchase one.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:26 AM

I just bought one this morning from Eders....along with about $350.00 worth of other stuff. Now I just gotta figure out how to smuggle all of it in without my wife seeing it.

Any suggestions there? [&:]
Old 05-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Going to take a serious look at this buck this weekend at Cabelas. Getting tired of wrestling my carbon arrows out of my current target. (A cardboard press) The press is ok for my XX75' s.

Quick Reply: Morrel Bionic Buck. Great product!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.