Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 My Tech talks about Blazers . . . >

My Tech talks about Blazers . . .

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My Tech talks about Blazers . . .

Old 03-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My Tech talks about Blazers . . .

I can put them in a Hooter Shooter and prove there just as accurate. Take the human error out of the arrow.
I hear that alot... "Take away the human factor". I find this argument to be completely pointless because the last time I checked a hooter shooter won't fit in a treestand.

A hooter shooter can be set up to shoot bare shafts just as accurately as it can shootfletched arrows.

The point of feathers is to help reduce the effects of the human error.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I can put them in a Hooter Shooter and prove there just as accurate. Take the human error out of the arrow.
I hear that alot... "Take away the human factor". I find this argument to be completely pointless because the last time I checked a hooter shooter won't fit in a treestand.

A hooter shooter can be set up to shoot bare shafts just as accurately as it can shootfletched arrows.

What does shooting from a treestand have to do with arrow accuracy? Feathers are thing of the past. Vanes in pro shops out sale feathers ten to one and will continue to in the future. I have yet to see any broadhead tournament here in my state won with feathers. I dont think it will happen. I can take any archer and have him shooting tight groups immediatly with vanes with correct arrow out of well tuned bow. Shoot what works for you! Blazers vanes do help broadheads in my opionion.
DB

Here a picture from the state broadhead tournament. Now I shot 12 heart shots out of twenty out to 40yrd at unknown distance. All eight others shots were right near or in the vitals. Accuracy is what I look for when hunting. Blazers get me there. My arrow is the crested white nock and white crest. Shooting the fixed blade G5 Montecs. Vanes are accurate.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Vanes work for me. Im accurate. I have missed one deer in the last 12 years. Dont take crazy shoots and my farthest was 42yrds. Usaully harvested six deer a year and sometimes more due to doe populations.

Shoot what works for you. I hunt with Blazers and shoot broadhead tournaments with them as well because there flat accurate. Main thing is have fun and enjoy archery. That will make you the most accurate along with practice.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly bigbulls!! Lots of things are better for reducingthe human error factor and would mean little if we allshot out of a hooter shooter.

Centaur1 I have shot Razr feathers and with good success. I use them out west where I feel winds are more of a factor to deal with. In most of my other hunting I use 4" feathers. Weight difference is not worth talking about and I'm sure they stabilize an arrow quicker.

It's Not about what fletching some pro uses.I could care less that's why I use what works Best for Me!

Dan
Old 03-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Exactly bigbulls!! Lots of things are better for reducingthe human error factor and would mean little if we allshot out of a hooter shooter.

Centaur1 I have shot Razr feathers and with good success. I use them out west where I feel winds are more of a factor to deal with. In most of my other hunting I use 4" feathers. Weight difference is not worth talking about and I'm sure they stabilize an arrow quicker.

It's Not about what fletching some pro uses.I could care less that's why I use what works Best for Me!

Dan
I take guys ever year that are far from pros. Guys who harvest there first harvest ever year. It is about what works for you.Calling me all about pros is far from the truth. All these guys got there first deer. Not a pro in the bunch. But smiles on all there faces.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never said you were ALL about pros DB, but I know from reading 1000's of your posts it does influence your choices at times.

I'll take a newbie in the woods and enjoy their True excitement over anything elsein the world!

You going to Metropolis this year?

Dan
Old 03-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

By the way DB! Welcome to HNI!! It's always a pleasure to see you on a forum.

There are a ton of Great guys/gals/Bowhunters on here. Hang around and help make this place even better.

Dan
Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Honestly, this got twisted into something like a Ford vs. Chevy argument, with one guy saying "I just prefer Fords" and the other saying "You're wrong for liking Fords because......" What ever happened to personal choice?

I shoot feathers because I like them. I've shot full vanes and blazers, and just prefer feathers. I can miss or hit just as easily with either, and I seriously doubt either event was keyed to the type of fletch. I have 5" feathers on my huntin' arrows and 4" on my target arrows. Why? I don't know, it's just my preference. I'd like to believe that the additional wing area on the 5" means a bit more stability in flight, but truth be told, it doesn't really matter to me, it's my choice. Does that make me wrong? not if I'm satisfied, and the results work for me.

Each of my three sons are better archers than I am, and they shoot blazers. But guess what? They shoot feathers with just as much accuracy. Ask them why they shoot blazers rather than feathers and they'll give the same answer as me, "I just like them better." Does anything really matter beyond that?

In our local indoor paper league, two of the top three finishers shoot feathers. The top two make heart shots on animal targets 38 out of 45 tries a night, from up to 25 yards: one shoots feathers and the other shoots blazers. The feathers shooter is pretty well known to me, and trust me when I say that if he honestly thought he could go 45/45 by switching to blazers, he would have done it long ago. (Likewise with the blazers shooter.)

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that blazers "take the human error out of the arrow", because that sounds a bit absolute to me. What's the other kind of error, shall we call it mechanical? Okay, mechanical errors are going to be relatively fixed, and once those are compensated for, the repeatability should be somewhere close to 100%. The only thing that keeps every indoor archer from X-ing 100% of the time, then, is "human error".

Maybe it's like golf balls. Some people prefer Titleist, some prefer Maxfli. But a good score always comes down to putting, where the design of the ball is almost 100% minimized, and it's all up to the individual.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Its all good. Everyone should just have fun with it.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OklaBowhunter

Its all good. Everyone should just have fun with it.
Amen!!

Now you gonna be at Metropolis or not?

Dan

Quick Reply: My Tech talks about Blazers . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.