Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Sight?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which Sight?

Which sight, do you guys think I should get? Im looking into the G5 Optix XR and the Flashpoint Ignite.... I am looking for a 5pin for outdoor 3D and hunting which I know the XR is only 4 pins but the floating pin sounds nice.... Both are micro adjustable, the light on the XR won't do me much good cause i don't think its legal to use a light. They both about the same price, so price aside which sight would be the best????? Its going on a Guardian.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Sight?

Let me save you time and money. Get yourself a Viper Predator Pro Micro Tune. You just won't find a more solid made sight. Here it is in camo. (other camo options are available or black) I went and bought a bunch of different sights before this one, now I have two. It will take a heck of a new sight to ever make me switch.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not big on either sight you mention, but I'd probably choose the G5 between your options.

I prefer Viper and Spot Hogg sights personally.

Dan
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Im open to other options...... so chime in.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Derag2

Im open to other options...... so chime in.

If you are going to spend top $ on a sight Spot Hogg is a Great sight. A few less $$ and Viper is as good as it gets. If you want a lower priced sight I like the Impact line of sights.

Dan
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

You guys feel the micro tune sights are worth is????// I shoot an indoor league and am starting an outdoor league also, as well as gonna try and do some hunting this year starting with turkeys....... You guys think they are worth the $$$$ or should I just go with a regular old sight? Also .019 pins or .029?????
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Derag2

You guys feel the micro tune sights are worth is????// I shoot an indoor league and am starting an outdoor league also, as well as gonna try and do some hunting this year starting with turkeys....... You guys think they are worth the $$$$ or should I just go with a regular old sight? Also .019 pins or .029?????
The .019 pins are my personal favorite and best seller as well. The Microtune features while not necessary they are very nice

Dan
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

These sights the pins themselves are not individually adjusted correct?? you move the whole cage correct? The Ignite and XR the individual pins are micro adjustable.........

Also can you just add in more pins to the Viper sight????? I think id like to add another pin for 5pins.... Im starting to lean towards the viper sight the ability to put amag lens on it is a plusfor my indoor league I can shoot a lens......
Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Spike

I used to shoot the G5 XR its a good sight. I just switched this season to the Axcel Armourtech-HD made by TruBall. It's solid as a rock, you can put a scope on it if you want to target shoot, it's mounted for a light, super micro adjustable and solid as a rock.

I just wrote a review on the sight on my blog, check it out:

http://www.nybowhunter.com/2009/03/gear-guide-axcel-armortech-hd.html
Old 03-19-2009, 09:23 PM

I'd go Spot-Hogg all the way.... at .019 Awesome sights.

Quick Reply: Which Sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.