Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which Broadheads Do You Shoot? >

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Rockey Mountain Snypers and Slick Trick Magnums
Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Spike

I shoot good ole Muzzy, three blaid 100 grain broadheads. Atleast for me, they fly very similar to fieldpoints and I can't argue with the price!
Old 03-13-2009, 04:27 AM

I've used Muzzys for the last 10 years. No complaints until last year. I spined a decent sized 7 pt. The deer dropped where it stood. The Muzzy 100 3 bladed worked but one of the blades was rolled up. Three years ago I spined a 6 pt. and it took two people, a huge pair of channel locks and alot of pullin to get the broadhead out. That broadhead barely had a couple of nicks in one blade. Appears to me that Muzzy has started cutting corners on blade making materials. Anyone else noticed this or is it just a freak thing?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DJ2065

I've used Muzzys for the last 10 years. No complaints until last year. I spined a decent sized 7 pt. The deer dropped where it stood. The Muzzy 100 3 bladed worked but one of the blades was rolled up. Three years ago I spined a 6 pt. and it took two people, a huge pair of channel locks and alot of pullin to get the broadhead out. That broadhead barely had a couple of nicks in one blade. Appears to me that Muzzy has started cutting corners on blade making materials. Anyone else noticed this or is it just a freak thing?
I like Muzzy's and they are definitely on my short list of Broadheads I'd use, but lack of strength which I feel could be much better was one reason I switched.

Still for the money you pay they are a good broadhead even though IMHO there are tougher/better heads available.

Dan
Old 03-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

i was shooting crimson talon xt... going to try the rage 2 blade this season.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

I love the Rage 2 Blades and I use the Grimm Reaper 85 gr. on Turkey.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 PM

My broadhead of choice is Silver Flame...I can't think of a better head out of my setup. I also like Muzzy Phantoms w/ the bleeders removed. I'm going to a preserve hunt in April and will be trying Zwickey Eskimos.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Muzzys for years. The only change I have made is I went to 100 gr from 125gr several years ago. First I do not wish to sharpen any broadhead I need them sharp out of the box. After I shoot a broadhead it is discarded or thrown in the practice box. With the 3 blade Muzzys they are cheap enough and available just about any store that carries archery including Wally World. I replace the blades and back in the quiver it goes. I have no doubt that any broadhead today will do the trick but when it comes to cost and availability Muzzys are the clear choice for me. I can't honestly say when the last time I didn't have a pass through.

Bottom line it all comes down to what flies good for you. So many good broadheads.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

100GR wacems cut on contact, interchangeable blades, accurate and zip through deer easily.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Muzzies are good and I have a half dozen or so of each the 3 and 4 blade heads. They hit with my field points but the group is larger, and I can detect a little wobble in flight. I have had to swap some of the tips around in order to get them concentric enough to spin test. Slick tricks on the other hand just plain old fly straight, and they group just as tight as field points. They are my first choice, priod. Dan(meanV) has them as cheap as anyone and the price includes shipping, and so far he always seems to get them out the very next day. I wanted to carry a coc head with me in case I got a shot at a large hog so I bought the Steel Force Phat Heads, they're compact and fly well also. The other one that I'm curious about is the Muzzy Phantom MX, which is a new shorter version of the phantom. The Slick Tricks have me loving the shorter length broadheads.

Quick Reply: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.