Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

RazorTrick?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RazorTrick?

How is the flight and durability of this head compared to the other SlickTricks? Is it easy to sharpen? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 AM

Default RE: RazorTrick?

Luke,

This is a reply I wrote in another thread "Which Slick Trick" before I came across yours. It pretty much is my opinion on the Razor Trick but I've had great success and love them.

Quote:

PastorJim,

I've always preferred a "cut on contact" type broadhead so when the Razor Trick came out I just had to give it a try. I love the way it shoots and the results are devastating. I've gotten five deer with them so far and all have been pass throughs with excellent blood trails. A couple of them hit trees after going through the deer and the broadhead held up. One of them I really had to work at to remove it from the tree but when I finally got it out only one of the four blades was damaged beyond resharpening. I've resharpened a couple of them to what I believe is "factory specs" and the replacement blades are cheap enough to buy if you're not into reusing blades that have been shot once. They do look tiny on your arrows but you can't argue with their excellent flight and results.

My only concern is that you don't hear a lot of people using them and I'm hoping they are not going to be discontinued. Even in MeanV's reply to you his favorite three didn't include the Razor Trick. But if they go by the wayside then I'll just try another Slick Trick type as they all exhibit excellent flight characteristics and performance. Plus, I think it's great that the owner will take the time to read and answer questions in this forum. That's just plain good ole customer service.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Feedback I've received on the head has been very Good. I have not hunted with the Razor Trick, but I can say the flight is Super Good!

Typical Slick Trick flight!!

Dan
Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I testd them for my website along with the Grizztricks. The full reviews are on the site, but in a nutshell the Razor tricks did well.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO difference in the flight, but---certainly a difference in the sharpness. The Grizz and razor heads are ugly sharp compared to the 1 & 2 generation slicks.
I've been using a KME Sharpener, very easy to get the edge back on.