Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

General or Captain

Old 01-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Spike

Default General or Captain

I bought a new General last year just about the time the problem with the limbs started to come to life. The place I bought the bow from ordered new limbs but didn't have the press that the center pivot risers need so I left it as is with no problems. I was in there the other day looking at the Captain, the dealer said he would take my General and $200 to boot for the Captain. For those that have shot both what kind of deal is it, good or bad?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: General or Captain

I would trade a year old bow for a new bow plus $200 EVERY year. I don't really know if that is a smokin' hot deal or not, but getting a new bow every year would be worth the $200 to me. As for the Captain, I traded my last year bow for the Captain (the trade involved more that $200 boot money) - it (the Captain) is a real nice bow. It is the only center pivot bow I have shot so I have no comparison with the Captain to others like it.... but it is an example of excellent piece of archery equipment to say the least!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree! $200 to trade up a year is a good deal! I personally would prefer the little extra A to A of the Captain anyway.

I have a Captain on order!

Dan
Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like a good deal to me

I just got my Captain setup this last weekend. Man, it's a sweet shooter! I was shooting at the range and let several others shoot it.... No one could believe it - so quiet and shock free - just an overall sweet shooter!!!

You won't be disapointed going with a captain!