Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Browning Verado

Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default Browning Verado

Curious if anybody here owns or has shot the new 2009 Browning Verado. If so, what do you think???
Old 01-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Browning Verado

I am also interested in Any INFO. I am looking into getting a bow and saw a package deal on a verado from a website called huntersfriend. It would be my first bow ever and would like to use it for target and tree stand hunting. any info would be great!

Sean
Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Spike

check out the website www.browning-archery.com
It'll give all the info on their bows. Seams like a pretty good bow for that pricetag.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 AM

Hi everyone I'm new here. I have a Browning Verado from Huntersfriend. It's a excelent bow, no recoil (zero hand shock), fast ( about real 255 fps with chrono @ 29' 60 lb), short (good for ground blinds),and pretty much accurate.
I had a Browning F5 Tornado as my first bow and stay with Browning (PSE).
I recomend this bow for everyone, not just for beginers.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:13 PM

I know speed isnt everything but that doesnt seem that fast compared to the other bows on the market . that being said I still think browning makes a very nice bow
Old 01-20-2009, 03:12 PM

Well, the thing is that I said it is 255 real chrono tested not IBO speed, it suppose to be 313 IBO,that meansnaked string (without nock, peep, and silencers), 350 grain arrow, 70lbs. draw weight, 30" Draw Length, that's the perfect test, but may varies between each archer. So for me at 60 lbs and 29" that's 255 aprox in the machine. Every bow is belowwhat they advertise in the IBO speed, around 30%.
But as you said it'sstill a nice one!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Spike

I couldn't help it...I bought one! I've been shooting it fo a couple of weeks now. It is pretty sweet. As far as speed goes, mine chronoed at 268fps. Now that is at 68#s, 28.5" draw, and an arrow that is a total of 407 grains. I have some arrows on order that should have a mass of around 365-370 grains. That should really speed things up. Very smooth draw, no buzz at all. Big improvement from my old PSE I bought in '91!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Excelent, congratulations!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM

From Huntersfriend? Did you buy the kit or bare bow? if the kit how is the stuff you got?

Thats where I found the info on it and they have a nice website. I still cant decide what to get. If i order from them I'm gonna drive there and try it out 1st. (only about 6 hour frive)

Sean

Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Spike

Yeah I got it from Huntersfriend.com. I was pleased with what they put on the bow. It was tuned and ready to go. You can replace/add different items that you want. If you don't want a whisker bisquit, they will put a hostage rest for no additional charge. The only gripe I could have is the Behman arrows they supplied with the bow set-up are a little on the heavy side but they still get you going. If I had to do it again tomorrow, (which I might for my wife's bow) I would do it again. Great staff, they work with you and do all the tedious tuning stuff for you. If you are only 6 hours way, I'd definately go by and see what they can do for you. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Browning Verado

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.