Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trail Camera?

Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 AM
N2D

Default Trail Camera?

Hi all, am interested in buying a trail camera but not sure as to what kind to get so any input would be appreciated. Don't want to spend much over $250-300 total. Kind of like the idea of I.R. with no flash. So lets here it guys. Pro's, Con's ????

Thanks

Ed
Old 12-27-2008, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Trail Camera?

Because I was new to game cameras, a cheap skate, and because it was advised to not spend much on something that could be stolen . . .
I went with the Moultrie Game Spy 4.0 @ $99.00 a piece. I figured I can buy 2 or 3 for what some others cost.
Go to: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0046650417898a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntk=Products&QueryT ext=moultrie&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0 &Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2F en%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

to read more.
They don't trigger as fast, or have Infra-red flash, but I did get some nice shots of deer, elk, and me putting them up and taking them down!
I'm pleased and will keep using them. Might even buy a couple more. Battery life seems great. tHE sd CARD (1MEG) hold a boat load of pics. And you can plug it in to your TV in your camper to check photos while in camp!
Worth a try to at least get your feet wet.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Also, there is a sight down lower dedicated to game cameras and reviews.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM

If your looking for a good trail cam, the moultrie 6.0 IR is tough to beat. Its retail price is 299.99 plus shipping but I can do it for $290 tyd
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0046592417903a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=moultr ie+6.0&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&N ty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fc ommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1 Thats the link to the cam at cabelas. look up the shipping costs from Cabelas too. I don't charge for shipping.

Heres the specs.[*]6.0 Megapixels[*]Invisible infrared 72-LED flash[*]Ultrahigh resolution images[*]1.5" built-in color viewer[*]Up to 150 days of battery life[*]Upgradeable software
[/align]With 6.0-megapixel performance, the most of any Moultrie IR game camera, plus the stealth of an infrared flash, this full-featured unit will provide you with the highest quality images and scouting information available. Choose from three photo and two video resolution settings. A built-in 1.5" color viewer lets you scan your images in the field. All images are stamped with time, date, temperature, moon phase and barometric pressure. Six D-cell batteries (not included) provide up to 150 days of reliable operation. The infrared flash provides superior illumination in low light and darkness, without the game-spooking effects of a standard white flash. A generous 32MB of internal memory provides ample storage. Supports up to a 4GB SD card (sold separately) that provides additional storage capacity. Laser Aim lets you set and test the camera to determine the precise spot you want captured in your pictures. Includes a security option and a beacon locator with a remote control. Auto-Flash turns off in bright sunlight and automatically activates in low-light or after dark conditions. Also includes a built-in one-second delay, upgradeable software and an external power port. [/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 01-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Moultrie I40